『⁷』

"Congratulations You're Pregnant."

The words are still ringing in her head. She had been Living with Arun since two months. According to him he has no one in his family. True to his words he had been taking care of her like a brother.

"Imaan will you tell me now? What had happened to you? Are you....a survivor of Rape? Is it why you're running away?"

A horrified look at Imaan's face passed. She wasn't forced. This child is very much wanted and made with love. She had fell in love with this child the moment she was told that she's pregnant. But the worries had overshadow her happiness.

"Imaan... You don't have to keep this child bete if you're not ready. You can abort it. Even we can file the complaint against your tormentor. Gosh......i should've known that you're a victim of abuse."

Arun's every word is piercing Imaan's heart. Surely this is an unexpected news. But her child is Halal. How could he thought that she would abort her child? How dare he? Imaan thought.

"Lala how could you decide that i should abort my child? Who are you to dictate me? You've helped me for that I'm forever in your debt. But I'll not let you make any decisions regarding me and my child. And for your kind information I'm a married woman. This child is Legitimate and I'm not raped. I don't know why you're thinking that I'm raped."

Imaan said raising her voice. Her every word is filled with determination. Arun was shocked to know that Imaan is married. She's just seventeen year old how could she be pregnant and married? He's mind questioned him.

"If you're married then Imaan why didn't you told me? Why did you said you've no family left? Why?"

Arun's questions left Imaan speechless. She can't told him the truth otherwise he will also look down upon her for being a Tawaif. She didn't want to lose her Brother Her Arun lala.

"Yes. I was married but my husband died. And my in laws throw me out of their house. Blaming me for His death."

She told him lies coveted with her fears of losing a brother. Every fibre in her body is screaming at her for lying and her heart is blooding. She couldn't believe she just said that her husband is dead. She can't thought how those lies come out of her mouth. She always pray for Momin's long life. Even though he couldn't be hers in this lifetime. And a thought crossed her mind. This child is Momin's as well. But cruel fate she can't tell him. How could she? His family never approved of her. Why would they accept her child? They wanted to kill her. And maybe they would've. If she didn't had runaway. She's going to be strong for her child.

"Uff Imaan. Why haven't you told me before?"

Arun's voice broke her train of thoughts.

"It doesn't matter! Lala. He's gone."

She dismissed. She dont want to continue this conversation any further.

***

They both were eating their dinner silently. A tension is filled around them. Just then Arun spoke up.

"Imaan."

"Hmmm"

"Don't play with your food."

Imaan stopped playing with her food. And stared at him with an expectant gaze.

"Why did you keep asking me that I'm being raped?"

Her questions had revived those memories. That Arun is trying to forget for a while now. He couldn't believe one day he would've to talk about it......Again.

He stopped eating and took Imaan's hand. He took her to his room. Imaan got tensed. He left her hand and took out an album from the Almiraah. He showed her a picture. A family picture. A middle aged couple standing in middle and on their side a teenage girl is standing. A boy around her age is hugging her. That boy is looking much like Arun.

"This is my Ma & Pa. That's my twin sister Ruhi. You know you resemble her alot. You're just like her thoughtful, Introvert, brave and stubborn. This picture was taken on our Seventeenth birthday we all were so happy. But after that all happiness vanished away. The day i lost my ruh. My twinnie. She kept saying lets go to tutions we're late. But I didn't go with her. When she was returning home. She got abducted by three people who raped her all night like monsters. When Ruh cameback she was covered in blood and bruises. Her body screaming the torture she had been through. Ma and pa filed a police complaint but all they're doing was reminding ruh to remember the torture all over again. They didn't found those bloody rapists. When ruh got better physically my parents urged her to join School. But the principal resticate her name saying they don't want her around other children. Coz according to them she's not normal. People treated her like an untouchable. Her own friends started saying shit about her. Everyone blamed her for wearing jeans that night. Questioning her why she got out at night. She suffered alot. Until she took her own life. No she didn't took her life the society killed her. My parents were devastated after losing their young daughter. They both died soon after her death in an car accident. I still can't cope up with this guilt that i should've gone with her that night. If I'd been with her i should've protected her. I should have........................ I've made my mind that i wasn't able to save Ruhi. But i will help you Imaan. You're my family now. My little sister. And i will always protect you."

Imaan's eyes were filled with tears. And she hugged her lala. Both have no one to lean on. Life is so cruel it took away everything from Arun's life. But still he's humanity didn't die. He become more humble and kind. Imaan who had live a sheltered and Judgemental life but that had made her more Understanding and compassionate.

They both are polls apart. Different religions. Different origins. But still they're connected by heart. Arun Found his long lost sister in Imaan. And Imaan got a Father & Brother figure in Arun lala which she'd been yearning for years. His her safe place. He's going to protect her from evil eyes.

"Stop..... being emotional now Imaan. Its been 13 years now. I've made my peace with it. I told you all this just to let you know that I'm with you in every step of your life. You want to keep this child. Keep it. I will support you. But you've to be strong now. I want you to continue your education and build a life for your and your child."

"I will lala. I'm going to fight this world like you. I want to get a better future too."

They both were smiling. Imaan left his room and determined to make a good life for her and her child. Also to make Arun lala proud.

"After every bad day
A good day comes.
Nothing is permanent."

••••••