Discussions of Consequences

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Hello my wonderful readers. Before youjump into this chapter, I need to announce that for February until30thMarchI won't be updating (stories or art). I recently got covid andhaven't been able to do anything, and right now for February I haveother priorities, including studying and job hunting. If there areany changes I will make a post on my Tumblr page, thank you all foryour understanding and support. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Additional announcement on Ko-fi page for members

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The situation wasnot good. Sakura knew that the moment she, Izuku, Shouto, and Tenyawas taken to the police station to give statements of the event withStain. And of course, their hero mentors had to follow after them.While the heroes went to share the information with the police, thefour U.A students were left alone in one of the interrogation rooms.

"So,"Sakura trailed, kicking up her feet. "Anyone wants to climb outthe window with me?"

"Sakura!"Izuku gasped, but the cat-like grin showed that she was only joking.No one had spoken since arriving at the station. The incident withStain was still a fresh wound and they didn't want to throw salt onit by bringing up the finger details.

"I'mprobably going to get chewed out for this one, so thought why notmake a break for it?"

Shouto took hermore seriously than the others. "You were just coming to help us,it's not your fault even if you are the one who took down Stain."

Sakura waved himoff, "It's fine, this isn't my first offense anyway. But Iguess I am on thin ice."

"What doyou mean it isn't the first?" Shouto asked but Sakura refused toexplain.

Tenya silentlystared at his hands resting on the cold steel table. "I'm sorry.This is all my fault if I hadn't....."

Sakura quirkedher eyebrow, "This again Tenya? I told you already, what you did iscompletely understandable."

Revenge would notbring anyone happiness. Sakura was a firm believer of this, mainlyfrom being the casualty hurt by it. But after Naruto told Sasuke heunderstood his desire for revenge, she began to think of it a littleless black and white. Naruto was a stubborn and firm believer of hisown values, and if he was saying something like this then there hadto be merit. When she looked back, of course, there was some merit indesiring revenge, otherwise, why would people continue to repeat itscycle even if the result was emptiness?

Sakura hadn'tever experienced an intense desire for revenge, not the way herteammates and friends have. The thought of Kaguya did trickle intoher mind when she wasn't' thinking about how to leave. She wouldthink about how she ended up here. She couldn't' realize whatKaguya's intentions were for sending her away when she was on thebring of being sealed. Was that just a fluke and now Sakura was beingmade to experience the consequences?

She didn't know.But she did feel hatred for Kaguya, for taking everything from her inan instant, but there was no way to exact revenge on her. Not whenNaruto and Sasuke had already sealed her away. Chasing after thesethoughts were only going to plunge her into wasteful unhappiness.