Kunoichi's true colors

Hey everyone, here your really early Christmas present from me. It's been hectic here lately. I'm gonna be working to spread out onto other platforms and new work, so I hope that I can share that with you all when the time comes.

CHAPTER 36: Kunoichi's true colors

All For One didn't know what happened, how he was pulled so fiercely in and then repulsed back by such a power. For all the centuries he existed, nothing like this has ever happened. A revolt of this nature, against his quirk. It was as if a rusty blade had cut through finely crafted steel like air.

As he lay there in the rubble, there was a sickening sensation of that power lingering in him and it had given an unnatural hindrance to his quirks.

Now he could hear the voices screaming at him, not physically taking his body and breaking apart his hold. Resisting with strength as if they were ghosts given new bodies.

But it was lingering. Fading, however, he couldn't move yet.

'What is that.......?'

It was the first time he had ever truly felt it again.

Fear.

For the monster that lay beneath the surface of that girl.

Sakura called out, "How's THAT?"

Slowly he was regaining his motor abilities, recovering quickly at least. But it was enough time for Toshinori to return and shift the scales again.

..

..

..

Toshinori was speechless, his breath forgotten when he saw Sakura punch his enemy. He had tried to steal the girl's quirk he knew that, but somehow she had been able to resist it.

When the hero picked himself up and dashed back the scene had changed so suddenly. The students, who had come off as helpless were fighting with all their ability.

He couldn't believe the sense of pride.

"Good job young Haruno,"

Sakura held up her thumb in acknowledgment.

While he may have been labeled the number one hero, Toshinori had some drawbacks. When it came to his power, other than All For One there were hardly contenders. He was faster and stronger than any hero or villain, but that could be a double-edged sword. Toshinori's challenges were quite a sum, his power was fading and old wounds still caused him to ache. But he still held onto the number one spot even years after his fight with All For One which had reduced him to a weakened state for majority of his time.

A blade could get rusty if it isn't polished and through time and wears. The same can be said for skills and senses. Toshinori wasn't able to react quickly enough to this one and didn't feel that bloodlust before it was too late.

Tomura was horrified when he saw his master being sent through the rubble like a pebble. The man who rescued him from the gutter when no hero would and yet this is what he got in turn? No! A hateful glare, filled with bitterness and the vilest of wishes was bestowed in the direction of the girl.

"HOW DARE YOU!"

But Tomura did not get his chance to avenge or attempt to attack.

From the distance the sound shot through, picking up the rubble and debris from the wreckage, slicing along the air. Katsuki didn't.

It was like time had slowed, she saw that burst coming towards them, but not at her. Only a few steps away and without realizing it, she missed the hair caressing her face and the dust particles hitting her skin harshly from the speed.