Crumbling surface

Hello everyone, before we dive in I want to thank you all for your continued support. I've been writing for a while and have finally started to get going on my original works, but I'll share that at a later date. For now I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to check the bottom for updates on future stories and chapters.

Izuku was in awe, that was obvious. His star-struck gazes when looking at heroes or observing anything that made his heart burst with excitement were always clear as day, the way his eyes shone with curiosity and fascination to decipher and learn every detail of the object of his interest.

There was a new training facility set up the size of the gymnasium with equipment, created by the support course. It was their group assignment to create new training gear for heroes to stay in shape and for their lesson today, and the hero course students would be allowed to test out the top three projects. Similar to what happened for the physical test, they were going to be given points that would be totaled.

And Shouta had to assure his class that this time they didn't have the threat of suspension. But last place would receive a lot of extra homework.

"I don't want anyone pulling back on this, you're allowed to use your quirks if it means a higher score but do not destroy the devices," Shouta gave an especially stern glare to Katsuki.

Now, Sakura Haruno was lackluster in the classroom, she didn't answer the teacher's questions, she barely handed in assignments, she wouldn't read her out loud because she didn't follow the material and yet when it came to their hero lessons, physical training she was always on top of everything. She never missed a step, she never made a mistake, she was never out of breath nor did she break a sweat.

The first machine they were testing was meant to work on their reflexes and mobility within small spaces and how quickly they can adjust their bodies. The contraction was simple in appearance with wooden platforms standing with stills through them and when powered on, they would spin in different directions, the objective being to get across the platform without being hit.

"It's so fast, how are we supposed to get through that?!" Exclaimed Mineta.

Eijiro was beaming at the start, "This is gonna be awesome!"

That was not an as easy task, everyone who went through, eager at first had been thoroughly knocked around, it was like being attacked from every direction. When Izuku went ahead, he was only able to keep pace for about five seconds before he had taken one hit and then a chain reaction followed because he wasn't able to get his footing back. Even Katsuki wasn't able to maneuver well through there, with small explosions he managed to get through with a few hits. Even Shouto, using his ice to glide across had problems because he couldn't react fast enough to change direction.

Ochaco came back around after her turn, she was rubbing her lower back, having taken a lot of hits. "That's not as easy as I thought,"

Tenya threw his hands out, "It's difficult to quickly adjust your body to such a small space at that speed,"

Aizawa sighed, "Remember this isn't a race. Haruno, you're up,"

Sakura stepped forward, but she didn't rush the platform like many of her classmates. For a minute she just stared, still.

"GET A MOVE ON ALREADY!" Katsuki shouted, crossing his arms with impatience but Sakura didn't even respond. She watched a little longer, took a breath, and raised her hands, tucking her arms close to her side and stepping through.

Sakura was like water parting where a stone stood, she moved, her feet glided more than stepped, she kept her arms close to her sides and was shifting on the soles of her feet. The change in direction of the different planks meant that you would have to sometimes turn your body to face the other side, that was in the direction of the class. When Sakura turned, Izuku saw that her eyes were calmly shut, but she was still moving through the boards. Until she reached the end, not even the slightest nick.