CHAPTER 62: Closer

Konichiwa great readers! I am delighted to be handing you another chapter for this month and open the doors to our great escape from reality. Thank you all so much for the support, every time I'm told my stories are enjoyed I gush with strength and motivation.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

SPECIAL NOTICE!

I'm working on a lot more projects from writing to art, to blogs to vlogs and I don't want you to miss it.

Join my Tumblr Page as new projects and updates will be shared more frequently in the future.

-Close the spaces for the link. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/katsura369

https: / / www. tumblr.com / blog / katsura369

CHAPTER 62: CLOSER

As Izuku dashed out of bed that morning, earlier than his regular wake-up routine. He couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement coursing through his veins. He tripped over his feet putting on his pants, and had to go back in to grab his water bottle after making it down the hall, but he was out of his dorm room in less than ten minutes. He also remembered to send a response message to a text he had received that morning saying 'I'll be waiting outside the dorm building. Don't eat anything heavy or you'll puke'

Izuku loved analyzing quirks, throughout his life as a quirkless person he became even more infatuated with other people's powers. Perhaps it was the one way he thought he could hold onto his dream of being a hero. Like someone watching the sky every night to observe the stars, in hopes that one of them would fall to them.

Then he was finally given his chance, and he was determined not to lose it. He would do whatever it took to get stronger, to live up to the expectations he accepted in receiving his power. So he was ecstatic when Sakura agreed to help him with training. Even though their class rep had kept her distance from everyone, she was always there to help them in a pinch. Izuku realized she was very engaging when making sure everyone else was safe. And she was by far the best student to come to for advice for training if her own ability didn't speak for itself.

As he arrived in front of Heights Alliance, he found Sakura waiting for him outside, in their gym clothes.

"Am I late?" he asked breathlessly, his chest heaving with exertion.

"No, right on time. Come on let's go,"

Sakura took off in a sprint. Izuku could only stare for a moment before snapping out of his daze and following her lead.

..

..

..

After a hearty, and quick-paced run, they arrived at one of UA's simulation grounds, the forest area out further into the mountains. It was still the early hour. Sakura didn't seem to mind the lack of light.

Izuku hadn't been able to keep pace with Sakura in their run until he resorted to activating One for All to boost his speed. To get to this ground, they would usually take the shuttle. Of course that wasn't available this time of the morning and Sakura was using this as a warm-up for them.

"There are closer training grounds," Izuku panted softly.

Sakura stretched out her arms, warming her muscles, "That's the city and town areas. I don't want to risk damaging them," It made sense to train in a controlled environment, away from the bustling cityscape with their types of powers. "Besides, this place is more in my element,"