1 | 𝐇𝐢𝐦

I was busy like every other day, taking calls, solving problems and doing everything possible to keep this company up. Not that we were in problems but I always feel like I'm not doing work enough everyday something occurs maybe that's the problem of having such a big company in my hands though whatever a lot of critics say the truth is the company is going strong even though is being handle by such a young CEO with 0 experience like me as they say in the journals.

Does it bother me? It does, just bothers me the fact they can't see the potential and notice how I am one of the best Chief Executive Officer's. It really is unfortunate for them, critics and jealous people, who wished to be one third of what I am and what I'm capable of.

Self-centred? Maybe. But I have every reason to be so, I am one of the most eligible and hot bachelors of the word according to the magazines, I am one of the most wealthy people on the state, country and half of the world so it really gets complicated to be to not be self centred. Plus I clearly know what I am good at and how easy I can solve things in my own business and my own personal life. Not to mention I created and gave life to my company from the scratch and now I'm CEO of one of the most famous and big companies in the world, my international corporation has links and connections around the world it's an all-in-one business, I have multiple firms, doing multiple contracts, financing big other companies from different types of industries and all kind of businesses, since hotels to restaurants, to big to small industries, I do it all.

Although I've been through a lot with this company I also grew with it, not only professionally but personally. I learned what I wanted in life and I learned that I could do everything, there is no limit if you have in mind what you want oh and if you have the capability to do so. I know that I do, because it all that I ever wanted I got it. There may be some harsh times, some minor or major problems but there's nothing I can not handle.

I was fixated in my computer reading the email of the Bourbon Inc. my brows ceased as I kept reading with attention the words on the screen, I heard a gentle knob on the door followed by a familiar voice "Mr.Maxwell may I come in?"

I heard Connor ask in a subtle tone, not too loud or too low, enough for me to hear him. "Yes"

He got in sliding and closing the door behind him, his eyes focused in the documents he carried, he gently fixed his glasses and his lips parted taking an almost inaudible sigh and suddenly I realized he didn't bring good news.

I know Connor since the start of my company, he graduated in the same university as I, though in different classes, I knew him for the distance at the time. The company grew quite quickly after I made some promising contracts with the Wellington's Hotel making me full of work, I couldn't quite handle all the agenda I had, I needed a promise and confident assistant after some tiredness day of interviews for the job Connor was the last one laughing my attention, his work ethic and professional side were on point something I always liked about him.

He's been my assistant since the early years of the industry which makes him a confident assistant to be at my side. This year's made me know him since he's the one who knows a lot of my professional and personal life he is in fact the one who deals with my agenda, reunions, meetings, problems, family matters he is in charge to tell me and must solve them when I tell him to.

That's why I know his frown face tells me something is wrong.

"There's a problem with Cordova's opening " I heard him say, still looking at the computer in front of me, waiting for him to proceed "Mr. Cordova just announced he is cancelling the opening this month due to their daughter university graduation, he also mentioned he wants her to be the star of the new hotel, and the opening shall be in a few months on her anniversary day"