77 | 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

- Eleonora -

Happy Birthday toooo meeeee! I am turning 26 today and like every other year I am going to have a nice lunch with my mom and dad since my family is always occupied in these days. Most of them live far away so it's not that easy to aske them to travel just to have a meal and watch me blow out a candle. My aunt palome lives in London, my grandma lives in Columbia, Charlie and their parents live in San Francisco, my cousin Diana and her mom live in Los Angeles, my Uncle Joe lives in San José. My family is dispersed all around we only get together on important dates... Although my birthday is important it was never something we celebrated together.

When I was little, I used to celebrate my anniversary with everyone, back in my hometown in LA. However when my parents and I moved to New York, my anniversary started to look small, there was no family and most of my friends were back in California.

Thank god, I met Miles and Jess, and some other people. My birthday's are the same every year and I can't complain about it because Miles and Jess always find a way to make it funnier than the year before.

So I am super excited to get my usual lunch with my parents and then have the time of my life with my friends.

For a special day, we should have a special outfit and for that matter I bought a small grey dress perfect for this almost summer vibe, a nice pair of silver shining heels and silver jewelry. A plain simple brownish make-up and to top it all Chanel n°5.

I walked downstairs happily waiting to find Dorothy. It was Saturday so by this time Blaze was already in his office working like always. At least I am having a relaxed birthday without having to deal with him.

I looked to the kitchen to find Dorothy smiling "Happy Birthday to my little and beautiful girl " she said hugging me

"Thank you so much Dorothy" I kissed her cheek and hugged her tight

"I couldn't let you pass this day without a good breakfast" she claimed taking out some pancakes filled with melted chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

"Oh my god! Dorothy you shouldn't have" I said smiling at the delicious plate

"It's your birthday Miss, I had to!" she exclaimed, behind her back appeared a pretty white bag with a soft pink bow. "And this is a small gift-"

"Dorothy! I don't want any gifts... Please" I said taking a step back. This generous woman has to put up with me every day and she is wasting her money on me. She is crazy, I can't accept it, she is way too kind, what have I done for her to deserve such gift.

"Miss this is a thank-you gift for being the best boosi ever had" She said handing me the bag

"Oh Dorothy you wasted money on me" I claimed sad

"Of course I did!" she placed her hand over my left cheeks and gave a sweet smile "You deserve this and much more"

I nodded in understatement a bit moved by her comfort words, I took the bag and inside it there was a box, I carefully opened it showing one of my favorite cakes! It was a cute box of bear cake pops!I LOVE CAKE POPS!

"From your favorite bakery" she said pointing to the words on the box. This must have been so expensive

"Oh Dorothy thank you so so much! You spent a lot of money on me, I must repay you, I don't want you to spend your money on me" I said

She place a hand over my shoulder and gave small strokes "Miss, I am giving you this because I want to! Don't worry about money, this is your gift because you deserve it" she explained, I placed the box on the kitchen aisle and embraced her in a warm hug. Dorothy has been like a mother to me in this almost one year of marriage, I must thank her every day for being so kind and patient with me! I truly love this woman!