98| Love is Love

I saw Nana's despair while she fell to her knees breaking my heart, my eyes for watery and guilt filled my mind.

"You should not know that," she said in a trembling voice, Blaze looked at me and gave me a reassuring nod

"You can do it" he mouthed giving me strength

I kneeled down in the grassy field looking for her eyes that held shame and sorrow. I gave her a small smile "I love you, Nana" I told her catching her attention " I know I don't say it much, but I do love you and all I want for you is to be happy" I said spreading my smile through my face "You are a strong and admirable woman, I look up to you and so does everyone in this family. You should not hide something that makes you happy Nana" her eyes were shiny and few tears rolled down her face provoking the water in my eyes do the same "If they oppose, if they get angry...honestly is none of their business you're happy and if they don't see that then it's their own lost."

"You did nothing but protect and strengthen this family and meanwhile I hardly believe you had your free and happy time. Please, Nana, don't waste this huge opportunity and be the woman you've always been" I told her, once my speech was over, she kissed my cheek and I felt her watery tear rub into my cheek. She got up and I followed her lead, she looked at me and then at Blaze.

Her eyes got back to mine, and she threw a soft smile and caressed my cheek " How did I get so lucky to have you? You were always such a caring and strong girl and now you are a beautiful and mature woman. How did the time fly? You are now lecturing me" she said while taking a deep breath "I know you're right, but it's just hard to do so. I simply can't"

"If I may intrude-" Blaze started making my grandma's eyebrow lift in curiosity and my eyes widen in fear. She nodded peacefully waiting for him to proceed "Not that I have anything to do with it, I am barely part of the family but I think you are a very lucky person. You found love two times, each time different but you still found it, that is something rare to happened and when it does we should grab it because when we look at it again, it might be too late... like everything, something doesn't last a lifetime so if you're happy you should claim what's yours, what makes you happy"

Nana smiled at him nodding " I guess you're right" she took a deep breath looking at both of us "Where did you find such a wonderful man?" she asked me, I shrugged my shoulders cleaning the tears running down my face. "You two are sure something else" she said caressing my face and his, the warm moment came quickly to an end when she cleaned her tears and placed her veil around her neck "Let's go" she claimed walking away from us.

I placed my hand to my heart and took a deep breathe, a long breathe that I seemed to be hiding for this past hours. Blaze grabbed the baskets with the apples and held my hand gently "C'mon let's go" he said sweetly while guiding me through the orchard.

Nana was almost went like running through the green field "she really is fast" Blaze mentioned " Are you sure she is 70?" he asked making me laugh. She organized everyone in the living room, she sat everyone down and called all her employees including Arturo.

"This must be the big announcement" I heard Aunt Paloma whisper. I started to feel anxious for Nana but I calmed down once I felt Blaze's arm around me.

"Yes, it is!" Gramma said, she was gracefully standing her hands clenched together it looked like she was about to sign opera.

"I have something to tell you all" she commented " Some of you might not take it well, some of you won't care at all" she said looking at Charlie " but it needs to be said"

"Are you dying?"Aunt Paloma asked getting up "Mother! What is it?" she started to cry, her siblings looked at her and their scared faces merged

"Oh my god Mama! por qué no dijiste nada?" my mother asked with tears running down her face.
Why didn't you say anything?