89 | 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

"You just need to keep on stirring the sauce" Dorothy advised as she put on her shoes

"Yes Dorothy" Blaze commented stirring the pot as she demanded

"if you ever think of drinking again can you please take yourselves to the bedroom? Last time you slept on the ground, your young but your back's still ache!" she mentioned recalling last time Connor and Jen came to our house

"We know Dorothy... No couch" I told her

"Only bedroom" Blaze mumbled with a smirk, making me look at him in surprise at his cheekiness. Dorothy laughed at his dirty comment and said her goodbyes, leaving us two alone waiting for our friends to arrive. We agreed on n making dinner at our house with hopes of reminiscing about their past first meeting.

"Dirty comment" I mumbled as I placed the plates over the table near the couches and the games.

"Dirty mind" he fired back with a smirk, I was about to question his cheekiness but the elevator sound reached my ears indicating someone was there. I looked over to the doors, revealing my friend Jeniffer in a blue cetin dress. She looked beautiful but her face looked tired from crying. Connor had really broken her heart.

"Good Night" I smiled welcoming her in

"Hey" she gave a fake smile while i took the coat on her hand "Hello Boss" she said taking her eyes off me and watching Blaze over the kitchen

"Jeniffer" he greeted her with a smile. Lately he has been very smiley.

"You can sit...Connor must be here any minute" I stated

"He said he was already here" Blaze informed us "He send me a text 2 minutes ago"

"Weird" I mumbled stranging Connor's delay.

"We should place the food on the table" Blaze warned me Ït's done"

"I'll help you" I said walking over to the kitchen. I grabbed the beige oven glove and I tried to hold the big pan however I was stopped midway by his soft and veiny hands making me gulp in surprise.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking the food to the table?"I said in a confused tone wondering why was he stopping me

"You're not" he imposed taking the gloves out of my hand making me confused.

"I can do it" I exclaimed

"I know, but I wanna do it for you" he smiled grabbing the pan "Can I?"

"Hum" I hummed nodding a yes with my head shocked by how he could flirt using a pan. I brought the wine and water for the table and by the time our doorbell rang it was unusual. Since we live in the penthouse we normally have visitors coming from the elevator, our private elevator, we allow access from upstairs to downstairs so our guest can come up.

"I'll go get it"I said running to the door and carefully watching from the door fish eye who could possibly be. I quickly opened the door as my eyes landed on a tired and out of breath Connor.

"Oh my god... did you come all this way up through the stairs?"I asked helping him getting in trough the apartment door.

"I just - need some water" he said between breaths, Blaze quickly filled a glass with water and rushed over handing him the cup.

"The elevator was full" he commented making me raise an eyebrow, the elevator was full? That's a big fake excuse, we only have 1 elevator and he is pretty quick since he only makes three stops, the apartment, reception and the garage. The only one filling the elevator was Jenny... wait a minute... Blaze said he was here and he was strangling his delay... and his delay had a name!