41 | 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

-Eleonora-

It almost 5 in the morning and I couldn't get any sleep or Blaze, he was curled up, under the duvet sobbing and mumbling.

I tried to pick up what he said among the sad phrases and begging, I jointed them together piece by piece trying to imagine any possible scenario he was believing he was presencing, but I simply couldn't because most of it, most of the words he shouted were the almost the same between desperate cries

His words at the begging were a cry for help between shouting 'wake up, please!' to miserable cries of 'Help mom help!'. He seemed too worried, scared, and hurt, his misery had somewhat made me soft, making me feel some compassion toward his suffering.

The next 50 minutes were followed by crying and the same phrases on loop.

'Mom, please believe me'

'I didn't do it'

'Dad, believe me'

'I didn't know what was happening'

'Mom, please'

'I'm sorry'

'I am so sorry'

The words were the same on loop I kept whispering things to him in calm way to not disturb him or scare him even more. Yet it was no use he was so immersed in his dream, if I may call it that, that he didn't even flinched at my words or slight touch, he just kept crying vigorously and this time it seemed worst than the last.

I wonder...how can this man have any rest if he continues like that? This dreams were taking energy of him, he was breathless and tired and an emotional misery. Crying, weeping, and shouting it wasn't him.

Right now I was sat down at the bed with the computer on my lap while checking him and talking to him from time to time. I was determined to know more about this condition, I was searching on different websites, from Wikipedia to doctors' sites.

"Mom! I didn't do it! Please!" he cried out very loud if I must say

I laid a hand over his back since his back were facing me, I rubbed it gently while trying to calm him down "it's okay"

"Please!" he shouted turning position and now facing me. I watched the fear on his face, making me frown at a sudden thought I had. I had never seen so much emotions from Blaze, and this was right now on his face... I have decided it was my least favourite one. He seemed so hurt and so in pain that made my heart ache, his face was wet in tears and I couldn't bare the fact I couldn't help.

"Annalise!" he yelled scaring me and scaring him. Annalise? That's the first time I hear that name. He woke up crying in fear, I placed the laptop on the bedside table while he wailed and tried to control his breath.

I took a nice look at him and noticed his hands cleaning the running tears from his eyes. "Calm down" I whispered calmly while pulling him towards my warmth. He let himself roll to be closer to me.

I grabbed his hands, calmly taking them off his face. He kept sobbing, but I could see his tries to get his breath back to normality.

He didn't say a word not did I. When he finally calmed down his fatigued face said everything, he was so exhausted but he making a effort to not sleep, because sleep would lead to other night terror.

I placed calmly my hand over his warmth and drenched face, while looking into his eyes. "One time, when I was about four my older cousin wanted to watch Snow White" I whispered while my hand was caressing his face "my grandpa told me I couldn't watch it" I gave a weak smile at that thought "but we watched it without him knowing. On that night I couldn't sleep afraid of the Evil Queen. My grandfather was mad at me but once he saw how afraid I was he helped me to sleep" I explained