114 | Distraction

Elleonora's PoV:

"I really thought it was French" Austin defend himself making me laugh

"Well it was indeed a baguette"

"This is embarrassing" he said shaking his head while we walked outside the building

"Oh chill out... it could be worse" I teased

"Yeah yeah " I smiled at his worry, Austin had planned to take me to a beautiful rooftop, when we got up there, there was a nice round table and in front of it a gigantic projecting movie playing, we while watching the big movie on the stone wall of the building. It was quite romantic I can't deny... his movie choice was Ratatouille and while a chef served us, it was supposed to be a French food night combined with the movie.

But... then Austin realized the chef was Italian and not French so he didn't know how to make Ratatouille so instead we had pizzas, which were amazing by the way.

I guess Austin just wanted this night to go as amazing as it could and as perfect as it could make it. However, this little simple detail honestly didn't cause me any trouble because I enjoyed the food. It was really affecting him, he thought this was a horrific mistake and this could ruin the night however I just thought how cute he could be over a small little mistake.

"I liked the pizza though" I said while we walked through the busy New York City streets

"Watching Ratattouile and eating pizza it's like a stab to my heart" He mentioned placing a hand over his chest

"Don't be that dramatic. I liked it, it was a nice date..."

"No... it was. I just like to do things as I first planned them to" I shook my head at his perfectionism

"So you're the kind of person that doesn't like wandering around?"

"I always like to now my destination. I like to have things pre-planned"

"What if things don't go according to the plan?"

"I'll freak out and then I will use my backup plan"

"You have a backup plan?" Iasked laughing, while looking at his smile

"Of course... doesn't everyone"

"No" I laughed "Ok imagine that you go on a trip, you're out for a few days... do you plan your trip? the places to go and things to see or you simply just walk around and find things in the way?"

"Couldn't possibly do that... do people do that?" He questioned me and all I could think about was Paris

"Yeah... some of them do" I simply said as we walked into the final street of our night together

"This is it, right?" He questioned looking inside the store

"Hm... yeah. My mom wanted this for a long time" I said mentioning the bakery in front of us, we finally managed to buy her a nice store for her bakery and now it was still coming together. We were painting walls, constructing furniture, building the kitchen, it was all very new.

"It's pretty incredible seeing your mother chasing her dreams" He said while we looked inside through the window store, the light was on and we could see Nana and my Mom walking around and talking.

"I think so too. And as a bonus she is super happy" I mentioned

"Well I am super happy too" He mentioned taking a step back and taking all of his attention to me

"Even after the pizzas?" I teased him

"Yeah... even after the pizzas"

"Why are you so happy then?"