7 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐲

-Eleonora-

Two weeks passed and I was now in the big satin white dress hyperventilating.

Maybe because the dress was tightening my chest or I was just nervous to act in love in front of 500 guests.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I was a bit upset you hide me this huge thing" Jenny said with teary eyes and a shaky voice "but I am so happy for you. I can't believe I'm marrying my best friend" she squealed while embracing me in a hug a retribuied with a smile "Ok, no time to cry this is a happy day" she cleaned a tear that escaped her eye"I see your man he is looking quite handsome. I'll see you at the altar" she smiled

I took a deep breath almost like I did't know how to breathe my mom startled me by giving me a huge and tight hug "Hey mom, can you just- not tight me that hard. I'm having a bit of a trouble here I said sitting in the wood bench grabbing my stomach

"Oh that's normal honey it's the nerves kicking in. When I was about to marry your father I almost passed out of happiness " she said taking a of rosé, I took the glass out of her hand and drank it in one gulp "oh wow like mother like daughter I guess" she commented

"Mom be serious in this please. It fells like about to explode" I started to have my bouquet in order to receive some fresh hair my mom started to carefully blow air in my face "I'm not nervous of happiness, I'm nervous of starting this sacrifice." I said, tears started to fill in my eyes "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. I'm doing this for our family I don't want you to feel bad for me. I'm doing what I can but this is getting so hard to control" water rolled down my face as I was just having an emotional the outburst of mixed feelings about all this.

My mom gently places a hand on my face and sat next to me, she caressed me and then placed my head over her shoulder "My baby girl is so big. I'm sorry for this situation honey. I'm sorry for not being able to protect you from this. It hurts me to see that you aren't happy, it hurts me to see you taking care of your dad's mistakes. But if you want to give up on this then you have every right to, it's your life, not mine or your dad's it's yours! And you-" she took a deep breath and grabbed my face so she could look into my eyes "you deserve to be happy in your way, and have everything you wish for even love."

I cried at my mom's words. Although my mom as been having a hard time lately she was there for me and in that moment I felt like she was the only one who understood my feelings "Thank you mom but happiness also includes your well-being and dad's so I will do this." I kissed her cheek and she smiled at me, it was a sad reassurement smile.

"I'll give you some time alone" she said goodbye with a kiss in my head

I was alone in the wooden chair in the entrance of the church, I was waiting for my father to take me to the altar. His lateness made me ponder if I should run, but I knew that was just a thought nothing but that. I was going to end this make some justice for our family name. It's just three years, 1095 day starting today, tomorrow it will be only 1094... This counting was surely what will make me pass through this hell.

My misery thoughts were interrupted by a manly voice, I tilted my head wondering who would leave the church now that the marriage was about to begin I got close of this human muscled figure.

"But Mr. Brocatto your institution is one of the most coveted industries that I have the pleasure to be a part of. This news sadden me. No- But sir- I am sure we can fix this- another association? No- Mr.Brocatto?" he let out a frustrated such and placed his phone in his pocket

"You should be inside, I can't marry with a non existant groom" I said sarcastically, he looked at me his head tilted down to our height difference although today I was higher than usual thanks to Mr. Ingram. His eyes roamed around my face and then my dress, isn't it bad luck for the groom to see the bride before they change vows? Well I kinda of knew this wasn't going to end in a good marriage so a pinch of bad luck isn't that dramatic to our wedding.