Concussion - Matthew Knies

In honor of him getting a concussion. This is kind of a continuation of the other Knies chapter. Also bare with me just kinda making up a scenario because I don't remember how he got it.

Off topic, this is a sexy fucking picture of him.

Matthew and I have been playing extremely well so far. I've racked up a couple more points while Matthew got his first NHL goal. Tonight we're going into game 2 against the Panthers as we're down 0-1 in the series.

Me and Matthew were just chilling in the locker room while dressed in our pre-game clothing, waiting for the rest of the team. Eventually we got bored and went to go play 1 v 1 sewer ball. When the rest of the guys got here, they joined.

Media was taking photos and videos for the Leafs socials. Holl got the ball stuck up above. Of course he fucking did that motherfucker. Eventually, it was time for warmups. We all skated out onto the ice and started warmies.

"Go home Maeve! You don't belong in these leagues!" Matthew Tkachuk chirped. He would never. He's to golden retriever. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. The forward is just trying to get into my head.

The buzzer went and I was one of the first off, which was unusual for after warm ups. Matthew was confused and followed me right off. I immediately took my skates and gear off and stormed to the bathroom. Matthew took his skates off, put on a pair of slides, and followed me.

"Maeve!" He shouted after me. I sped up my pace a bit. "Maeve Carleen Jones!" At that I stopped in my tracks. I just stood there while I heard him walking towards me. Gently, he grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. 

I didn't look up though. I was questioning my place in the league now. Was Tkachuk right? Do I not belong in this league?

"Hey hey. Look at me." Matt said. When I shook my head, he grabbed my chin and lightly brought my head up. "What happened out there?"

".." I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. When Matt saw, he sighed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. After a few minutes I opened my mouth again. "Tkachuk."

"What?" He asked. He was incredibly confused. 

"That's the reason. He said that I shouldn't be in this league. Is he right?" I said all at once. 

"Of course you deserve to be here." Matt said. "Now lets go back to the locker room and get our gear on. The game's about to start."

*First period, 6:23*

Matthew's line just got out onto the ice and mine got off. They were skating down the ice, passing the puck between them. They did that stupid drop pass and almost lost it.

Matthew had the puck and was about to shoot it when Tkachuk came out of nowhere and charged into him, sending him head first into the boards. I gasped as he lay on the ice motionless. A person from the medical staff ran onto the ice with the help of someone.

After around 5 minutes, Matthew got up and held his head in his hands. As soon as he got off he went to the lockers.

*First intermission*

After the first we were leading 2-1. I ran down the tunnel and went into the dressing room to see Matthew sitting in his stall on his phone. I ran over to him and hugged him. 

"Are you okay? That was a hard fall." I questioned him. I took my skates off as to not cut him. 

"I'm alright. Just a concussion. Med staff said I'll be out for the next to games, but I'll most likely be back for game 5." He replied. I nodded. We sat conversing until the team had to go back out.

*Post game, apartment.*

We lost the game which put us down 0-2 in the series. I wasn't in an amazing mood because I didn't get any points and that proved Tkachuk's theory.

"You did fine." Knies said as if he could real my thoughts.

"Yeah but-"

"Shh." He shushed me, kissing my lips. Matt smiled at me which had me blushing. We've been dating for a while, how does this still happen? "You still blush for me."

"Oh shut up!"

***

Y'ALL HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE BACK FOR GAME 5 IS WHAT I HEARD!

WC: 724