Grizzly Rose - Bowen Byram

Any information abt Bowen I put in this isn't confirmed I made it up for the plot lol

The dances mentioned are below (in order)

"Bowen hurry!" Morgan laughed loudly.

The two were currently at Grizzly Rose, a country bar in Denver. Bowen had the day off of hockey and so they decided to go out. Morgan's from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Her family is originally from Durham, North Carolina, however, so they all learnt line dances. So naturally she knows plenty of line dances from her family passing them down throughout the bloodline. Bowen's from Cranbrook, British Columbia which is a small town in BC. His family is quite Southern, however, so he grew up like dancing. With that information, the two decided to go to a dancing bar.

Right now the bar was starting the popular line dance called Fake ID. It originated in the Footloose remake, but quickly became popular amongst the fans. Morgan grabbed Bowen's hand and dragged him down to the dance floor, forcing him to place his beer bottle down on the table quite quickly.

"I haven't done this since, like, 2016." Bowen groaned loudly, stepping into line beside Morgan.

"You got this, Bow. Muscle memory." Morgan grinned. Once the beat dropped, the big group started dancing.

The couple laughed as they flowed along the group of people, all in sync and moving to the beat. One, two, three, four. When the chorus of the song came around everyone began shouting and singing while putting all their energy into the steps.

Hey, mister

Won't you sell me a fake ID? 

There's a band in the bar

That I'm dying to see

I got my money

And you got what I need

Hey, mister 

Won't you sell me a fake ID?

Morgan's face held a big smile as she stepped forward with the crowd, spinning and turning. Bowen laughed as he did, in fact, use muscle memory and remembered all the steps with the big group of people. They went for the whole song before the songs switched to Boot Scootin' Boogie and they decided to take a quick break.

"I love that dance." Morgan giggled breathlessly, taking a sip of her beer.

"I can't believe I remember that dance." Bowen replied, causing the both of them to laugh.

The bartender walked over and placed a bucket of wings between them and walked off. They dug in and continued giggling at their own little jokes. What they didn't expect was for a few of Bowen's teammates to walk in. The man widened his eyes and tried to hide but was spotted, causing Morgan to start laughing again.

"Ha, loser." She joked. When his teammates walked over she chose to not get in the middle of that. "I'm gonna go get another beer, want one?"

"Please." Bowen pleaded as she walked away, cowboy hat and all. 

"Bowen!" Logan O'Connor cheered, slapping the man's back. "We saw Morgan walk over to the bar." The team talked for a couple minutes before Morgan walked back with the couple's and shooed them all away.

"Shoo off." Morgan chuckled, rolling her eyes as they all ran away.

The two stayed there for a bit before another song started to play. Bowen groaned loudly when he heard the song, knowing it was Morgan's absolute favourite line dance ever. Her eyes widened and she looked right at him with a sly grin.

He sighed. "Fine, lets go."

The two ran onto the floor right as Burn It To The Ground started up and people began the dance, laughing and drinking. Overall, Bowen was glad he had a day off and that he decided to bring the two back down to their roots.

***

In my Footloose era-

WC: 601