Reunited At Last - Hughes Family

My excuse is that they play each other tonight, okay? 

Alexis squealed when she saw Quinn. She, Jack and Luke had just gotten to his apartment after dropping their stuff off at the hotel. The girl ran into her older brother's open arms and hugged him tight. Last time she saw him was back in July and she's missed him a lot.

"QUINNY!" She grinned. His face turned into a smile. Their two brothers stood behind them, both with their arms crossed.

"You two short asses ever gonna stop hugging?" Luke rolled his eyes. The two siblings pulled apart while Jack laughed.

The three brothers bro hugged each other while their sister watched in amusement. All four of them caught up for quite a bit, Quinn making them all lunch. Just something easy, kraft dinner with cut up hot dogs because that shit is good. Alexis, Jack and Luke don't get kraft dinner because they live in America now.

"This is the best shit I've ever had." Alexis smiled. Quinn laughed and patted her head jokingly. 

He's always felt very overprotective of his three younger siblings, being the oldest and all. When Alexis first got her heart broken he was there. Of course, Luke being her twin, was right beside her through it all, but Quinn was about ready to jump the guy.

"Whatchu thinking about?" Jack asked Quinn, who was standing there staring into space.

"Nothing." He shook his head, grabbing his bowl and sitting at the table with the three other Hughes siblings.

"So, we're playing each other, huh?" Alex asked out of the blue.

"I guess so." Quinn replied to his sister. 

This will be the first time Luke and Alexis have played against Quinn for the most part, and the two of them are very excited. If anyone knows Quinn's weaknesses in hockey it's his sister. He knows that, and he just hopes they won't be on the lines against one another so he has a chance to score.

Game Time

"CAN WE GET THE HUGHES SIBLINGS FOR A PICTURE?" Someone yelled from the side. The four siblings skated over and lined up with each other. The order from left to right went Luke, Alexis, Quinn and then Jack. 

After that they wished good luck to one another and skated off to warm up. Alexis and Luke did defending drills since they're both d-men. Alex was defending Jack as he skated toward the goalie and she successfully took the puck from his stick. She cheered while he rolled his eyes playfully and laughed.

After game

The Devils took a 6-3 win against the Canucks with Jack and Quinn both getting goals and Luke getting an assist. Alexis, despite winning, was disappointed since she didn't contribute to her team winning. This isn't new, she's always felt this way. As if Luke could sense it he leaned over and poked her arm. Their stalls are next to each other.

"Huh? What?" She asked startled. He chuckled lightly and poked her again. "Stopp!" Her voice came out whiny, causing her twin to burst out laughing. Jack sent a questioning look.

"She's being whiny Alex again." Luke wheezed, and Jack started laughing too. She smacked her twin on the head and he whined. Immediately he regretted it. "Alexis Grace Hughes I swear to-"

"WHINY LUKEY!" She shouted, standing up to emphasize her point. By now Jack was on the ground dying.

30 minutes later

Finally, the three Devils walked out of the locker room and saw Quinn standing there on his phone. Alexis put her hand up to the two other boys and walked towards him silently. Without warning she jumped out in front of him but he didn't even flinch.

"Alexis I've known you for 20 years." Quinn giggled. She rolled her eyes.

"Good game my friend." Jack patted Quinn's shoulder. He shook his head and laughed.

"The short elder still has it, eh?" Luke jokes.

"Get outta your head, Alex. You played fine." Quinn said after joking around with his brothers and noticing his uncharacteristically silent sister.

"But-" She started.

"No buts." Quinn sternly told her. "You blocked some of my shots, too! You're a good defenseman." He placed an arm around her shoulder and the two taller Hughes brothers wrapped their arms around them in a group hug.

"I love you guys so much." Alexis said, her voice coming out mumbled.

" Alexis said, her voice coming out mumbled

nhl✔️

Caption: Happy Hughesday everyone!
Liked by trevorzegras, colecaufield and 75k others
Tagged: lhughes_06, jackhughes, _quinnhughes, alexhughes.23

Comments:

@trevorzegras✔️: I miss these people man
↳@colecaufield✔️: trevorzegras real

@user90247: The best siblings

@user24785: Still don't know why Alexis is in this league lol
↳@colecaufield✔️: user24785 because she's good duhh

load more..

---

The siblings spent the night together in one hotel. Quinn brought a duffel bag to the siblings's hotel room. There were two queen beds, but since they never are all together they fit themselves onto one of them. The boy were all laid on the mattress and Alexis was laying on top of them all, getting comfy.

"I don't wanna leave Vancouver." Alexis complained. Quinn reached up and hugged his little sister close to him.

"I promise I'll see you again soon, okay baby Hughes?" He mumbled out of tiredness to his sister, trying to be quiet as to not wake up his brothers. 

She nodded and sighed, cuddling closer to her older brother. The girl would do this all the time when she was younger and, as they say, some things never change. The boy's face grew into a smile. 

Unbeknownst to them, Jack was still awake and he heard the entire interaction. A smile threatened to grow on his face and if he wasn't trying to act asleep he would've let it grow. He knew that the two has always been close but he didn't know that they were this close.

He also knew that Alex's biggest fear as a kid was her brothers making it to the NHL, her not because she's a girl, and forgetting about her completely. So she always resorted to keeping close with her brothers and sharing beds with them whenever she could. Even in their apartment, sometimes she'll sneak into Jack's bed. Not once has he ever rejected his little sister, knowing that sometimes she simply sought comfort from her older brothers.

With these lasting thoughts, they finally drifted him off to sleep. The silence was peaceful as the four Hughes siblings all fell asleep one by one, just feeling the comfort of their presence with one another.

***

I love that I postponed writing this because the picture above is from tonight and was released onto Pinterest lol

I SWEAR TO THE LORD SOMEONE STOP ME FROM WRITING THE HUGHES BROTHERS BECAUSE I CAN'T STOP

WC: 1107