Hey Brother - Adam Fantilli

This is a Fantilli sibling imagine, therefore the girl is the youngest Fantilli AKA their sister.

Hey brother

There's an endless road to rediscover

Adam's POV

I'm currently getting ready to go to the NHL combine thing that is testing our durability and stuff. I was getting ready to leave before I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out and saw it was my older brother, Luca, facetiming me.

"Hey bro." I said as I answered.

"Hey! Whatcha doing?" He asked me as I rushed to leave.

"I'm going to the combine thing and I'm running late." I rushed out as I ran down to the Uber.

"Oh ok. I won't keep you then. I'll talk to you later." Luca said sadly, which I didn't pick up on until after. He hung up as I said bye and I got in.

It made me think after I noticed his tone what he was on about. I realized that it would be different without me there and Lila in London. Lila is doing some sort of studies there. There is still more for Luca to discover there, though, and it'll be on his own.

Hey sister

Do you still believe in love I wonder?

I want to go to Columbus. But it's so far away from my brother. Sure, I'll be closer to home, but Luca has been with me through it all. So has Lila.

Lila was a very firm believer that everyone deserves love no matter who they are or where they're from. Some said she just simply believed in love. It's been a while since I talked to her because of our schedules and I feel we've lost contact.

She won't be able to make it to the draft because of her studies and work. I was sad but understood. I miss her, and I wonder if she still believes in love.

What if I'm far from home?

Oh brother I will hear you call

I got drafted to Columbus. Of course I'm happy because it's where I wanted to go, but I'm worried about what will happen once I get there. It's a whole new place and I won't have anyone there to help me.

Me and Luca were sitting in our shared hotel room just talking. I think he could sense my worry because he spoke up about it.

"What's on your mind?" He asked me. I sighed before answering.

"I'll be so far from home, Michigan. What if I need you? You're, like, 4 hours away!" I rambled before he brought me into a hug.

"I'll always hear you call for me. I'll always help you out." He reassured me as I nodded.

What if I lose it all?

Oh sister I will help you out

Lila called me worried. I don't know what about, but I could tell in her tone. I brought up the subject as she's been avoiding it.

"Lil. What's wrong?" I asked her sternly knowing she wouldn't answer any other way.

"I messed up at work. What if I lose my job? What if I don't have enough money for my apartment?" She rambled on until I cut her off.

"What'd you even do?" I questioned.

"I forgot to set the alarm." She mumbled. I started laughing. "What?" She asked annoyed.

"Lila, you won't lose your job. I did that so many times and never lost mine." I told her. She sighed before agreeing.

We eventually got off the phone after catching up and joking around. I sighed happily as I knew that no matter where any of us were, we could always count on one another.

***

I fucking love this song. So good. RIP Avicii.

WC: 590