Boat Day W/ The Fam - Jack Hughes

TW: Mentions of abandonment, mentions of abuse

This week, the Canucks sent someone to follow Quinn around for an episode of Going Home. It's been kind of fun honestly. Canucks fans will get to see what the boys doing their off time. Me and Jack have just been hovering around the Lake House as Quinn films content with Luke at the pool table.

"I'm gonna miss you when I go back to Jersey." Jack pouted. I laughed slightly.

"You're there for a week before I come for school. We literally live together, Jack." I said with a smile. Jack's always been clingy since we first started dating 5 years ago and I've never once complained about it. It's adorable.

"One week to long." He stated confidently. We heard voices coming into the kitchen.

Luke and Quinn walked in with their bathing suits on and towels heading out to the boat. They looked at us and nodded towards the boat. We ran to our room and changed quickly to run to the boat. We hopped on and put our towels and shoes where they won't blow away. 

The camera man was sitting in the chair next to Quinn as he talked about the Lake House a bit like when they got it and stuff. I sat with Luke and Jack on the side, Jack's arm wrapped protectively around my waist ensuring I don't fall overboard. The camera came over us a couple times but focused mainly on Quinn.

"Y'all should just get married at this point." Luke said. Me and Jack started laughing. "What? Y'all have been dating for a million years already so you might a well." Jack looked utterly offended by the statement as I simply layed down on the couch so I wouldn't fall off the boat laughing. The camera man saw us and put the camera on us as we all died laughing.

The camera man went back to Quinn as Jack opened his mouth. "Dude. We've been dating for 5 almost 6 years. We're 22. We aren't ancient like the Canuck over there." He motioned to Quinn who subtly glared at him. He gave his older brother an innocent smile. I patted Jack's leg.

"6 years and no ring." I joked. Jack laughed, knowing I was joking. Luke shook his head as he watched us interact. 

Quinn stopped the boat so we could eat lunch and the camera man could take a break. Jack looked at me with a smirk. I shook my head in protest knowing what he would do. He picked me up and jumped into the lake with me.

We both came up and I gasped at the cold water. I jumped back onto the boat and Ellen passed me my towel with a grin. I jokingly hit the back of her head lightly as she laughed at me. My parents abandoned me when I was 17, so the Hughes family took me in as by then me and Jack had been dating for a year. Jack got out after me and ran up to Luke, shaking his head like a dog causing him to soak his brother. 

"What the fuck man!" Luke yelled as I laughed with Ellen. I sat up front with her.

A few minutes after Quinn started driving again, I went back inside the boat as I was getting cold. I stole Luke's sweatshirt from the pile of discarded sweatshirts from the three boys and put it on. Luke is like the annoying little brother I never had and I steal his old sweatshirts from him that are to small all the time. Men's clothing is just superior. I then walked over to where Jack sat and sat on the couch where his legs were, leaning my body against them. 

"You okay, love?" Jack whispered as Quinn started talking to the camera again. I nodded and closed my eyes. He moved down to sit next to me, pulling me into his side as he went back to conversing with his brother and father.

The cameraman put the camera down for a bit to enjoy the lake with the Hughes' and Quinn looked over to see me and Jack laying down asleep on the far couch with a dry towel over my legs. He smiled to himself and took a picture of us to post later. I cuddled into Jack more and as if he could tell, he wrapped his arms around me tighter. 

Third-Person POV

The four Hughes's that were awake shared a look that said it all. The two loved each other so much and would do absolutely anything for each other. When Luke first met Carla he could tell how scared she was of commitment. All of them made her feel so welcome though in that household. 

She stayed there a lot to escape her parent's abuse. She tried to hide it but Quinn spotted a deep purple bruise on her lower calf that she tried to hide with long jeans. Ever since he found out, Jack has been extremely protective of Carla. Even his own friends haven't met her really. They've seen her around when they came for weekends but Jack has only ever let Trevor and Cole talk to her really because he trusts them most.

She isn't as afraid of commitment anymore, but everyone has a slight fear, right? I do bro

Jack's POV

I woke up and heard my family whispering around me and Carla so they don't wake us up. I sat up without waking her and sat on the high back part of the boat that me and Luke were sitting on earlier in the video clips.

"Sleeping beauty number one is awake!" Quinn teased. I rolled my eyes at him and flipped him off. 

Carla stirred slightly and I put the towel back up on her legs to keep her warm as she had goosebumps rising on her legs. She smiled slightly in her sleeping causing me to smile slightly. I joined the conversation as Quinn sped through the water, Luke being pulled quickly on the wakeboard behind the boat as he smiled in joy.

God I love the summer

***

I don't know what it is but it's cute so it's fine. I was planning on having him propose but I really am not in the mood to write a whole ass proposal and shit.

Someone stop me from writing Jack.

Anywhore, have y'all seen the Canucks have released the Going Home video now? It's honestly so cool and I'm sending my adoption papers to Ellen as we speak.

WC: 1080