Injured - Connor Bedard (PART 1)

Me and Connor met through playing in the WHL against each other. Yes, against each other. I'm the captain for the Saskatoon Blades and top defenseman of the WHL. I'm also the only girl in the league. He is the most known WHL player at the moment after playing for Team Canada at the World Juniors and winning gold. Connor is that captain for the Regina Pats and won a bunch of awards.

Me and Connor just clicked when we met. After that we started dating and saw each other as much as we could. Tonight we play the Pats in Regina, meaning the barn will be filled to the brim. We just pulled up to the barn and there were people sitting in their cars so they can get in fast.

I ran inside before anyone else and saw Connor. He didn't notice me yet and was doing his own warmup thing. I walked behind him and covered his eyes. He tensed a bit at first before hearing my voice.

"Guess who?" I whispered. I felt him smile and saw it when he turned around. I wrapped my arms around his waist as his went around my shoulders. We don't have a massive height difference with me being 5'7 and him being 5'10. "I missed you." I whined.

Connor laughed. "You saw me 2 weeks ago." He said while kissing my head.

"2 weeks to long." I complained, sticking my head further in his chest.

"Mia lets go!" Someone yelled from the hallway. I groaned as Connor chuckled at my response. Connor kissed me once more before I left down the hall.

*Third period*

It's the third period now and we're tied 2-2. The Pats are starting to play dirty since the time is coming to an end. My line was out and I got the puck and was skating down the ice. I passed the puck to Chiasson who then passed it to Wong.

Wong skated further down the ice before passing back to me for the one timer. As I was going for the shot, someone slammed into me and I went into the boards awkwardly on my leg. The whistle blew and I held my leg in pain. A figure in a Pats jersey skated over to me.

"Hey hey hey." The familiar voice of non other than Connor Bedard said above me. "What hurts?" He asked.

"My entire fucking left leg." I swore out of pain. The trainer came down and him and Connor helped me off. Tanner Brown got a 5 minute major. Connor went back out to finish the game after some protesting. Turns out the collision broke a bone in my leg, which means I'll be out for the rest of the season.

 Turns out the collision broke a bone in my leg, which means I'll be out for the rest of the season

bladeshockeyofficial✔️
Caption: here's an update on captain Mia Scott. Mia will be out for the rest of the season due to injury, but is expected to make full recovery before the beginning of next season.
Liked by _connorbedard, mscott12, and 27k others.

0 comments

*Post game*

I've been put in crutches and a temporary brace until I get an actual cast. We're getting ready to leave and I left last to get on the bus. We ended up winning 5-2. As I was heading out I heard a voice behind me.

"M!" Connor shouted. I turned around and he hugged me. "I'm sorry about Brown. Now you won't be able to play for the rest of the season." 

"Eh it's fine. Might stay in Regina honestly." I admitted. I always liked Regina a lot more than Saskatoon. 

"Really? Why?" 

"I just like Regina more than Saskatoon to be honest." I sighed. Connor put on his thinking face before coming up with an idea.

"You can come live with me!" He said. "My billet has an extra bedroom and she won't mind."

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude." I replied with another sigh. 

"Of course you aren't intruding! You can help the team out with drills too. Those dumbasses need it." He chuckled. I laughed a little.

"Alright fine." Connor did a celebration dance.

*3 weeks later*

My injury is slowly getting better and I've been helping out the Pats with drills. Tonight they play my team, the Saskatoon Blades, and we can see if it has payed off. It's the third period and the Pats are up 5-1.

"Line swap!" Coach yelled. Connor and his line came off while the others went on. Since this was the last line, Connor came and stood by me with an arm around my shoulder.

"See? This is why we had you come." He spoke up. I looked at him with a smile and rested my head on his shoulder. Kids around us were shouting at Connor but he ignored them and watched the rest of the game.

The final score was 6-1 and I was really happy. Maybe if I don't get drafted then I'll become a coach. The draft was in a few months and I still haven't been invited. 

Until last week when..

***

Cliffhanger 

WC: 842