Chapter TEN~!

The door flew open wide, revealing a green-clad blond.

"Like, you're finally here!"

Gilbert, Ludwig, and I all gave Elsbeth The Look. She tactfully ignored it.

"Ja, we're here. Ready to do what we discussed?"

He nodded, and, before I could react, grabbed my wrist, dragging me down the street. "Got my phone on me if you need me~," he sang as he waved, me stumbling after him.

"Um... Feliks... Where are we going..."

"To the mall, duh."

I groaned. "So long as I get the final say..."

He winked at me. "I'm paying, so you had totally better comply."

"Fi-ine," I groaned. "But I had better get one outfit that you have no say in! Got it?"

He giggled. Giggled. "Oka-ay~."

I was dragged through the late October snow, sighing as I saw the Halloween decorations in the windows. Feliks looked behind him. "Wha'ts up?"

I shook my head, smiling. "Nothing. I'm just remembering Halloween back in the other world."

"Like, What did you do?"

I smiled. "That was my birthday. No idea what it is, now."

He smiled, pulling me into an unexpected hug. "How about we have a birthday party for you? Just a small one."

I smiled, returning the hug. "Actually, if you really want to do something for me, invite me to the Halloween party. I never actually got to celebrate Halloween."

He released me, grabbing my hand again. "Well then let's add 'costume' to the list!"

I smiled, following after him into the mall.

I didn't understand any of the language, so I was at the mercy of Poland as he dragged me into store after store. Countless outfits I tried on, and eventually Poland would finally nod, buying it. I got outfits for formal, outfits for casual, outfits for semi-formal, outfits for skateboarding, outfits for training, and outfits that I don't even know the purpose of. Most of them I disapproved, but Poland was the buyer, so I couldn't complain much.

Currently we were in a fancy shop, Feliks forcing me into a evening gown. I sighed at the dark orange dress he forced me to wear. "Feliks, no."

He pouted. "But it'll totally make you stand out!"

I glared at him and pointed to my hair. "Yo, dude! Bright red hair! Can we try to find something that looks good on me for once?"

He heaved a sigh and turned. "Be right back..."

Quick as a flash the country had gathered up many different colored dresses, mostly consisting of purples, greens, and blues. I blinked, gathering them up and riffling through some. I finally selected a midnight black, turquoise, and lavender gown before darting back inside to change.

First I tried on the purple one. It was a simple spaghetti strap gown that was form fitting until my hips, then flared out some until the floor. It was made out of heavy satin, making it sashay around my knees when I walked.

"Piekne!" Poland praised when he saw me in it. "Like, try on another!" (Beautiful!)

I smiled, popping in to the stall again and changing into the black velvet dress, settling the off-the-shoulder straps correctly on my arms and smoothing out the short, tight skirt, walking out for Poland's inspection.