Chapter Twenty-Four~

(First person oriented, but Anahi isn't the one!)

I tromped over the forest floor, hands in my shorts pockets. It was a fairly warm out, so my hair was scooped back to keep myself cool.

Something shimmered in the distance. I frowned, plodding over to it.

Through a pulsing barrier was a vast desert. Curiosity got the better of me and so I ended up stepping through.

The desert was hot. Hotter than it was where I was just at. I started to sweat instantly as I wandered around.

All I could see for miles was sand, sand, and even more sand. I started walking, wondering what I had gotten myself into. I looked back only to see the forest that I had been in. Feeling safe that I could get back out, I turned back around, continuing the trek.

Where am I...? I wondered, shading my eyes from the hot sun. I figured that either a. someone would come get me or b. I would find my way out. So I just walked.

~*~

Anahi frowned, scratching her stomach and lifting her shirt. "This is really weird..."

"Vhat is?" Gilbert asked.

"It feels like someone's walking on my stomach..."

He hopped up, dragging her along with. "That means a new country is here! Vhy did they end up on your land? Doesn't matter. Go run and meet zhem! I'll tell the others!"

She saluted. "Yes, sir!"

They split: Anahi towards the door, and Gilbert up the stairs. It took little time for Anahi to race up to Persia and track down the person.

I wonder what they'll be like? she wondered. And I wonder what country they'll be...

The itching stopped, and she frowned. She was still in Scotland.

Did they stop walking? Or maybe they went into a different country...

In any case, she put on a burst of speed.

~*~

I blinked. I found the edge of the desert only to be met with...

"...Snow?" I asked aloud. "Since when did that happen?"

I glanced down, finally noticing what I was wearing. Just a jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt. I changed my clothes...?

"Well... Looks like I can't venture out into the snow. Let's try a different path..."

I strolled along the vast river, the arctic breeze cooling me down so I could bare the desert heat. It was peaceful, I gave it that. But did anyone live here?

I scratched the back of my head, feeling a clip. I frowned. Why was that there? And why was my hair so short?

I shook my head and took out the clip, only to have a lock of hair spring out in front of me.

"An ahonge?" I wondered. It was a reddish color, and had two loops in it. "Now why is that familiar..."

"Found you!"

I blinked, turning to see another female running up to me. Her hair was a vibrant red, with bunches of tiny braids ending well past the rest of her hair. She was wearing a black tank top and blue military pants, as well as dark brown boots. When she came up to me she bent over, huffing.

"I didn't think that anyone would come through here," she grinned. You probably don't know who I am, or where you are, do you?"

I slowly shook my head. "I think I'm in an anime, but I'm not sure which..."