Chapter Forty-Eight~

I woke up to someone crying against me. I blinked a few times before registering that it was Nali. I gently sat up and she quickly jerked her head up, looking at me before slapping me.

"What do you think you're doing running off like that for five strait days?!" she screamed at me.

I winced, rubbing my red cheek, not able to look her in the eye.

"Do you know how worried we all were?!" she continued. "I was starting to think that you had left!"

"Nali, I--"

I was cut off when she threw herself at me and hugged me tight, crying into my shoulder. I slowly returned the hug, my eyes closing.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

She cried for a bit longer and I held her, silent. I didn't cry. I couldn't cry.

I was emotionless.

She sat back and wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "Come on," she said. "Everyone is worried... Gilbert the most."

My heart twinged when I heard his name and curled up.

"Then go tell them that you found me..." I muttered.

"What?" she asked, genuinely confused.

"Then go tell them that you found me," I repeated, not looking up at her.

I could practically feel the daggers being thrown from her eyes. "Oh, no, girl. I ain't goin' outta here without you."

"Yeah you are," I stated, looking up at her and locking gazes.

Unfortunately, her immunity to my cold stare didn't leave her when she came to this world.

"No, I'm not."

I stood, brushing myself off.

"Catch me," I challenged before taking off.

I ran through the sand, my best friend following closely behind. I had the upper hand, though--I was use to running in the sand while she was not. When I hit Scotland, however, she started gaining on me.

That's when I darted into the woods again.

There was no path save for the ones the animals made. I nimbly darted in and out, over and under the obstacles, effectively loosing my persecutor. When I had finally gotten her off of my tail, I realized I was back in the clearing.

The same one I had been singing in.

The same one I had slept with the deer in.

The same one that I had talked to England in.

I curled up on the edge, hearing Nali call my name. I ignored her as I buried my face into my knees. After a while her calling and threatens stopped, and I relaxed, leaning against a tree, my gaze staring at the forest floor.

I heard footsteps behind me and I sighed.

"Just leave me alone..."

A male chuckled. "Alright, then."

I whirled around, landing on my hands and rear in front of England who laughed.

"'S alright," he reassured. "Nali gave up. Come on," he urged, holding out a hand. "You probably haven't eaten or drank anything for a while."

I scratched the back of my head. "Heh... Probably..." I took his hand and he helped me up.

I suddenly frowned.

"...What?" Arthur asked.

"...Do you have a surveillance camera up or something?"

He arched a bushy brow. "What do you mean?"