Chapter Sixty-Four~

I ran along the edge, using my Persian skills to leap over rocks and dodge sudden falls. Below me was Kadi, running with her ribbon and ball of light. The river next to her was wide, but low. If it wasn't for the fish inside, she could have simply jumped the river. But Janiqua had explicitly told her not to, and thus Kadi was running along the narrow bank. Occasionally she would run out of bank, but she would solve the problem by eiher climbing it, or blasting it away. When the rocks fell into the water, the fish would go nuts.

"Hey!" Janiqua snapped. "Quit ruining my land!"

"I'll level the island if it means getting Alice back!" Kadi retorted, scrambling over the rubble and continuing on.

Janiqua shook her head and continued forward.

I shook my head, returning my focus on preforming stunts that would make even Ezio proud. However, while yes I was doing it for slight flare, I was also doing it because it was efficient. Why look like a moron trying to rock-climb a bolder when you can simply run up it? Seemed logical. To my fangirl self, that is.

I launched myself off a rock and landed in a roll, coming out of it in a run right next to America. He was smirking.

"Now all you need are hidden blades and you'll be set," he noted, chuckling.

I looked over at him from the corner of my eye, a smile pulling at my lips. "Who says I don't already?"

He chuckled. "Got a point. Hoist the Jolly Roger! Captain Edward is heading out!"

He put on a burst of speed and I raced after him. It was dark, but his blue eyes and my gold ones enabled us to see better than most of the others, like Nali, Janiqua, England, Poland, Canada, and China. Germany, Romania, and Prussia all had lighter colored eyes, with allowed for better night-vision. Japan's eye color was dark, but he was also a certified ninja and samurai. He had to be able to see in the dark. The latter countries were keeping up with America and I without much problem.

~*~

Kadi looked up to see Carmen making both Dastan and America proud.

I guess that's what you get when you take a gamer in real life and make her Persian ex Raider.

She smiled and put on a burst of speed, keeping up with the wana-be assassin. It was a bit easier for her since she had mostly level ground while the rest had rocks and trees and animals in their way.

Kadi frowned down at the ribbon in her fist and looked to the other side of the bank. Alice was on the other side. If only she could figure out how to get across... Without killing hersef. But alas, she couldn't figure out such a way.

Not with what she had on her person, that is.

Kadi checked her surroundings for any unsuspecting water critters and found none at the moment. Besides the constant movement in the water the riverbed was actually quite calm.

It unnerved her.

Kadi rubbed her eyes. “Oy, Janiqua!”

“Yeah?” she called back, a little ways behind her.

“How much farther?”

“One more mile!” Carmen retorted. England snickered.

“Very funny, Anahi,” Bahamas retorted. “About an hour with the rate we’re going, I think. Then we have to get across the river without getting eaten by the fish, and then we have to double back to them.”

Kadi looked forward and continued her running. An hour. Of pure running. Hopefully they’d make it.

~*~