Chapter Twenty-Eight~

I lounged on my bed, lazily petting Screwtape while I talked to Prussia.

"Vest und Nali seem to be doing sehr gut!" he exclaimed. "Nali had to go back to Greenland, zhough. She's been here too long."

I smiled. "She needs to recharge. I do wonder how Denmark is going to like this when he finds out..."

Gilbert laughed. "Somezhing to zhink about!"

I smiled, Screwtape curling up on my belly. "Or Kadi for that matter..."

"Zhat's simple. She's going to hate it."

I laughed. "Very true!"

"What about me and Denny?" asked Kadi, popping her head into my room. I shooed her away, but she stayed. Oh, well.

"Ist she zhere?"

"Ja," I answered.

"Speaker phone, bitta?"

"Sure." I took the phone from my ear and slipped it open, and suddenly we could hear Gilbert breathing.

"Hey, Kadi!" Prussia called.

"What?" she asked, not in the mood for his games.

"Guess vhat happened?!"

She sighed. "Wha-at..."

"Nali and Ludw--"

I clapped the phone shut, cutting him off.

"Prussia!"

"Was? She's going to flip anyway."

I rolled my eyes before having a sudden idea. I hopped up and grabbed Kadi's wrist, dragging her to the magic room and closing the door behind me. I slid the phone open again.

"Okay, Gilly," I giggled. "No harm can happen now."

Kadi eyed me. "Why do I get a feeling of disagreeable news..."

"Kesesesese! Inallika und Ludwig are dating!" he laughed.

Her eyes narrowed, her hatred for Germany showing. "The little bastard... Let me at him!"

She went for the door but I beat her (duh, I was right in front of it) and raced out, closing the door tightly behind me and locking it.

"Ha! Kill Ludwig NOW!"

"I can use long-distance spells, you know!" she reminded, banging her fists on the door.

"Not in the stone!" I shot back, taking Gilbert off of speaker and grabbing my coat, stepping outside into the near-January air.

I strolled along, listening to Gilbert be silent while I headed for Antonio's house.

Wow... It's already almost New Years... How long has it been, anyway...?

"Hey, Gilbert..."

"Ja?"

"How long have I been here?"

He was silent for a long while.

"I... Guess about... Seven months? Maybe eight?"

I quickly deducted how long it had been up there. "Wow... That's forty seconds..."

"You still have a long while before you have to leave," he chuckled. "You'll be fine."

I smiled. "Okay."

I slowed to a stop at Spain's home.

"Hey, Prussia? I'm visiting Antonio for a while, so I'll let'cha go."