Chapter Sixty-Two~

Dawn of Seventh Day.

Alice woke up and found that the younger country was already awake and whimpering. She crawled over to him, frowning.

"Dova? Are you okay?" she asked.

He shook his head. "M-my back hurts... And my tummy hurts... And my head hurts... And I'm sore all over... And... And..." He stopped to curl up tighter, squeezing his eyes shut, causing a few tears to run down his cheeks.

Alice gently pulled him to her, resting against the rock wall. "Hey, it's okay... You'll be fine. Just lay against me for a little bit and go back to sleep."

Moldova obeyed, closing his eyes and eventually falling asleep. While he slept he coughed a few times. It sounded dry, so Alice grabbed her water bottle to dribble some water down his throat. It didn't help much, but Alice figured that keeping him hydrated was best anyway.

Once he was asleep Alice slid him down onto the floor so she could refill the water bottle and return to the cave. She'd givin up on finding food: after a few days of searching, you tend to loose hope.

When she returned she sat back down against the stone wall and rested Moldova's head in her lap, brushing his hair back away from him and giving him water occasionally.

Looked like she was in for the long haul, now.

~*~

We woke up to knocking on the door. I was the first one down, since I didn't care what I looked like first thing out of bed and I wasn't half-naked like the boys. I ran my hand through my hair as I opened the door, inwardly frowning at who could be here, and who they were.

There on the mat was a young girl about Kiana's age. She had dark skin and black curly hair pulled back with a yellow flower. The loose blue blouse and matching skirt were ruffled by the wind, and  wicker flip-flops donned her feet.. She smiled brightly at me while she clutched her wicker bag.

"Hi, I'm Janiqua. You're having some trouble locating your lost friends, am I right?" she asked, smile ever present.

I eyed her. "Yes... How did you know...?"

England answered as he came up behind me. "Ah, Janiqua. Just who we were wanting to see. Do you think you could help us find Alice and Moldova?"

The girl nodded. "Oh, of course! That's why I came here, anyway. Do you mind if I tag along?"

Arthur shook his head. "Not at all." He then turned to me, chuckling at my confused look. "This is Janiqua, as you learned earlier. She represents the Bahamas, and is my little sister."

I nodded slowly. "Okay, that makes so much more sense..." I turned to her, smiling. "I'm Anahi, or Persia. I'm Kiana--or Iran--'s mother."

Her face lit up. "Oh, okay! You were the one that Arthur was helping for over a hundred years!"

I nodded, smiling. "Yes, that would be me... Come in, come in, we're just getting started on Breakfast. Once we're all dressed and fed we'll head out."

She nodded and stepped through the door, setting her bag down by said door along with her sandals. The first thing the mulatto girl did? Go directly to the kitchen to assist in breakfast. I smiled at that and dashed up the stairs to change, meeting Prussia along the way. Like, literally. Our bodies collided. I didn't fall, however. That was because Gilbert caught me.

"Vwah!" he exclaimed, his hands on my shoulders to keep me from meeting the floor. "Are du okay?"

I nodded, avoiding his gaze. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to get dressed."