Chapter Fifty-Five~

I knocked on the door jamb of Yao's "special room". He was knelt by his table, brush in hand and scroll in front of him.

"Yao?" I asked, quiet so as to not mess up his calligraphy.

He looked up. "Hm?"

I fidgeted. "Well, when I was little, there was a show called, 'Sagwa: the Chinese Siamese Cat" that I would always watch. Her family were the scribes for the royal family, writing with their tails..."

Before I could finish, he grinned. "You want to know how to write Chinese characters?"

I nodded sheepishly. "O-oui..."

He chuckled and patted the floor next to him. "Come. I will teach you."

I smiled and eagerly went to his side, sitting on my knees. He showed me basic Script, and then handed me a small scroll and brush. Carefully I made each stroke. I was disappointed when i didn't make them as crisp and neat like China's, though. I sighed and set down my brush.

"Ayaa," I moaned, unconsciously picking up my friend's catchphrase. "Brush is so much more difficult than pen..."

Yao smiled, looking at my paper before ruffling my hair. "For a first timer, you are doing very well."

I smiled up at him, not really believing him. "Thank you, Yao... Can you help me, though?"

He nodded and gave me advice now and again while he watched. I soon was able to write all numbers up to ten with moderate accuracy. I showed my scroll to Yao and he exclaimed over it, telling me that I was going to put him out of a job here soon. I just laughed and went back to practicing.

I caught Yao sneaking looks at me as I worked, but I ignored them, dutifully writing. Like always, when I worked, I subconsciously started singing.

"What are you singing?" China asked, curious. "It sounds Asian..."

I blinked and kept humming, wondering myself what I was singing, and then grinned when I realized.

"Mr. Simple by Super Junior. They're from South Korea."

China grinned. "I see. You're getting the pronunciation off, though."

I smiled. "I know. I'm not good at singing in other languages unless they're German or Japanese."

He ruffled my hair. "You'll learn. Go see South Korea--I'm sure he'll help you."

I grinned. "Probably." I snapped my fingers. "Oh, that reminds me! I need him to teach me Gangnam Style!"

China laughed and returned to his calligraphy.

After I had practiced for a while, I set my scroll aside to dry before standing and heading for the kitchen to get some Pocky before settling myself in front of the computer and pulling up YouTube.

I had a sudden craving for some Korean music.

~*~

Nali looked at Prussia sadly. Ever since the game he was more quiet and reserved than before. He sat himself in front of the TV all day everyday, and hardly ate or drank. What little he did have was only the stuff that Nali brought to him and forced him to eat and drink.

Nali was slightly terrified when he refused beer, however.

"Luddy," she whispered in her boyfriend's ear. "I think Prussia is sick."

The German sighed and pressed his forehead into his palm. "Nali, I love you dearly, but I need to vork... Bruder ist fine, he's just sulking over Anahi not giving him as much attention as everyone else."