Chapter Sixteen~

I was shut up in a small house in northern Syberia. Russia never let me leave my room. I only had a small, frozen-shut window to prevent cabin fever. But even then, I was slowly going crazy.

And, my curiosity was slowly forming from the young valet silently bringing me my meals and cleaning. And speaking of which...

The door opened, the young teenager's head bowed as he sets down the tray. Before he could escape I grabbed his arm.

"My meal is late..." I said gently.

"Mne ochen' zhal'," he responded, hushed, trying to pull away. I giggled, keeping my hold firm. (I'm sorry."

"Hey, look. I'm not scared of Ivan. If he catches you in here, I'll punch his lights out, okay?"

Silence.

"Can you answer me something?"

Still nothing.

I'm talking to Mori-Senpai...

"...Who are you?"

"Sibert, com," ordered a voice.

So many things clicked in my head. I shoved the boy behind me and glared at the Russian.

"How dare you order your brother around like that!" I yelled at him, my hands balling. "He's just a young region, like Oregon! You don't see America ordering his siblings around!"

"I am not America, da?"

I stood strait. "Da. But you are a big brother. Do you know why the big brother is born first? It's to protect the little brothers and sisters that come after him."

Mentally, I cheered myself for remembering that quote. Outwardly I had a stare down with Russia.

"Sibert, com," he repeated.

I held an arm back, keeping him there. "Kolichestvo Ostavaytes' tam," I ordered. I kept my gaze locked on the blond. "Leave him alone." (No. Stay there.)

I saw something flash across his violet eyes. He opened, and then promptly closed his mouth, walking away, and closing the door.

I paused for a good long moment before whirling around and embracing Siberia, shushing his crying.

"Hey, you're okay, it's okay, you're safe here..."

"B-but... Russia will punish us!"

I shook my head. "No, he wont... Calm down..."

Finally, he wiped his eyes. "I can defrost the window so you can get out..."

I patted his head. "You do that, and get yourself out. I'll stay here. I'm not afraid of that silly old bat."

He smiled. "Yeah... but... can you..."

"We'll go together," I lied.

"Okay..."

~*~

All evening Siberia worked his magic and melted the ice, forcing the door open.

"I'll go out first so you know where to go," he explained, hooking a leg out.

I nodded. "Okay."

He started to slide out, but I stopped him.

"What's your name?"

He smiled at me. "I am Yorgi, the Territory of Siberia," he introduced, sliding out.

I smiled, leaning out the window into the sub-zero weather, looking down at him.

"Pleased to meet you, Yorgi. I am Carmen. Still trying to discover who I am. Thank you. Now go run to the World Meeting!"

He stared at me, baffled, before turning and darting away wordlessly into the white snow. I closed the window in time to jump onto the bed and open a book before Russia came in.

"Vhere is Sibert?"

I looked up at him. "Who?"

"Sibert. Yorgi."

I shrugged, returning to my book. "Never heard of him."

Russia frowned, turning and walking out the door. Right as he reached the door, I started to sing.

"iNSaNiTY Fusou shisou desu PSYCHoPaTHY Nonki na jinsei iNSaNiTY Owarenai  adoi CaPTiViTY Odaku ga tsudzuke sou..."

He shut the door behind him. I smiled, closing my eyes.

~*~

The Russian stormed down the stairs and punched a wall. So what if he was insane? He liked it that way! It was all the snow's fault!

And yet...

I'm just an anime character, he reminded himself. Why shouldn't she know everything about me? And she reminds me of... Her...

He shook his head and went to his room.

~*~

I woke up to scratching at my window. I opened it and in leaped a beautiful white cat with a note on its collar. I coaxed the feline over to me and scooped it up, taking off the collar and reading the note.

"Your gift."

I frowned and it looked up at me with bright blue eyes. It mewed and I petted it as I thought aloud.

"You're obviously something from my homeland. And, obviously, they gave you to me. Now, to give you a name..."

Nothing came, so I set the cat down and patted it when it came near.

The door opened and it looked over at Ivan, and blinked once.

They stared at each other.

"...A cat?"

"It just came..."

He shrugged and turned. I had a sudden thought and started singing again.

"I'm... Dreaming... Of a whiiiite Russia... Just like the one I knew before..."

He paused at the doorway before stepping out the rest of the way, leaving my breakfast tray behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter is short...

But you got something.

Do you like Siberia?

I'm going to shut up, now.

0.o

Heehee funny face...

I had way too much candy today.

And soda.

And it's after ten. Crazy things happen after ten.

And 3 O'clock A.M.

According to Harberkorn.

I'm tired.

Duh.

*Renji whacks me upside the head with Zabimaruu.* "Go to bed, dammit!"

"Nevah!!!"

*Get's whacked again.*

More to come~!