Chapter Seventeen~

The cat padded about the room, looking for something interesting. Owner was asleep on the bed, and that weird dude wasn't allowing her, or it out of the room. So it finally settled down at the foot of the bed, keeping guard in case Creepy One decided to visit.

Eventually he did, setting down a tray of food. He straitened and looked over at Owner, watching her sleep. The human slowly moved towards them, and reached his hand out to pet her. Instantly the white ball of fur had its jaws clamped onto Russia's hand, growling deeply, its blue eyes changing to match Prussia's.

"Vell then... I guess I can't pat Carmen on zhe head..."

The cat kept glaring at him.

"Alright, alright... I'm goin' now..."

Russia turned and left, shutting the door. The white cat glared at the door, and soon, the eye color went back to normal.

~*~

I woke up from my nap and sat up, gazing longingly outside, wanting to go out into the fresh snow. But that day wasn't to come, yet. The cat padded over to me and curled up in my lap, purring peacefully. I petted it as I still pondered what I should name it as.

"I guess... I really should figure out if you're a boy or a girl..." I thought aloud. I checked and discovered that the cutie was a Tom.

"Okay, then, Mister..." I thought. "I got nothing."

It mrowed, letting me know that it was okay. I smiled. "Yeah, I guess so."

Russia came in.

I looked over at him.

Silently he walked over to me and wrapped his scarf around me.

I blushed, looking away from him. I knew the Power of the Scarf.

"U-um... Why...?"

"Can't hav you dying of hypothermia," he answered softly, leaving.

I kept blushing, snuggling deep into the pink-beige fabric. Maybe Russia wasn't so bad... Maybe he really did have that softer side that I always saw when watching Hetalia.

I padded over to my tray of food and ate, sharing with my baby boy. Things were pretty mellow.

Too mellow...

As soon as I could, things were going to get lively.

~*~

"Wheee!!!" I giggled, throwing myself into a snowbank. Russia shook his head, sitting on the back deck.

"Vhy are you so happy? It's just snow..." he mumbled.

I ignored him, tunneling through the white powder and pretending to be R2-D2 in Degobah, popping my head out to look at him. "Hey, Ivan?"

"Da?"

"What day is it?"

"December fourth... Why?"

I leaped up and started strolling through the snow. "Walkin' in a Russian Wonderland," I sang.

His face scowled.

"Eet's not vonderful," he growled.

I rolled my eyes, scooping up some snow and rolling it, starting my snow sculpture. I sang Christmas Carols as I worked, and Russia watched, my kitty at his side.

First I made a tall column and sprinkled water on it to melt, then freeze. Next I packed a circle on the top, making it wider. More freezing, and then I was off to making ellipses all around the flat surface. It took some tricky work to get them to stay half-hanging off, but I made it work. To finish, I formed a circled with a divot in the center in the middle of the ellipses.