Prologue

Olympus

Olympus

"So it's settled then." Zeus said, "In order to solidify our truce with Nyx Apollo will marry Nyx's demigod daughter Ariadne."

"But father-." Apollo began to protest.

"That's enough Apollo, I have given you free reign for too long, it's time that you start pulling your weight." Zeus glared at his son.

Tartarus

"Ariadne my proposal has been accepted, you will be leaving tomorrow," Nyx towered over her daughter, shrouded in black shadows.

Ariadne nodded, she couldn't believe that she was leaving. Finally she was leaving hell, she was going to the surface, and she was going to see the sky.

In her 16 years of life Ariadne had hardly left the Mansion of Nyx, let alone Tartarus, so even though her leaving meant her being married off to the infamous sun god, she couldn't wait.

Olympus

The next day Ariadne travelled through the doors of death and up to Olympus. It was beautiful, the marble columns, the golden statues. It was overwhelming.

And the smell, She could smell flowers, and sunshine. She loved it.

The wedding ceremony was short lived. Apollo seemed just as hesitant as Ariadne was.

They slipped rings onto eachother's fingers and left.

Apollo took her to his house on Olympus. Everything in it was incredibly bright, but she should have expected it, him being the sun god and all.

They sat on a sofa awkwardly, not talking.

"So," Apollo broke the long winded silence, "I guess we're married then."

"I guess," Ariadne replied, with a small laugh.

"Your social skills aren't the best are they?" Apollo laughed.

Ariadne frowned, "I'm sorry, I just never really had anyone to talk too."

"That's okay," Apollo grinned a dazzling grin. "What should I call you? Ariadne is a bit long, do you have a nickname?"

"I've always just been Ariadne."

"We'll I'm going to shorten it," Apollo regarded her for a moment, "how about Ri?"

"Ri," Ariadne repeated, "I like Ri."

There was another silence.

"Zeus said that he'd give you immortality after we defeat Kronos." Apollo once again broke the silence.

"Kronos, has he fully risen yet?" Ariadne asked.

"No, but it's only a matter of time." Apollo said, "the prophecy comes into effect next year."

"Prophecy?"

"The Great Prophecy, it speaks of a child of the Big Three turning sixteen, Percy Jackson turns sixteen next August."

"Oh." Ariadne was beginning to realise that maybe being above ground was just as dangerous as being in Tartarus.

Hey Guys! This is my new book! Which is all about my OC Ariadne. I hope you enjoy this book!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx