49- I Name My Kid

********

********

"She's gonna be fine." Was the first thing I heard when I came around, still lying on the grass, I sat up and looked around. I was sat on the floor next to the Camp Halfblood Camp fire. I was surrounded by campers and Will Solace knelt to the side of me.

"You're gonna be fine." Will assured me.

"Where have you been for the past six months?" Nico asked.

"I was..." I trailed off, "it's a long story."

"Clearly," Nico looked at my stomach.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked Will.

"He? Oh you mean the baby?" Will's eyebrows raised, "yeah, he'll he just fine. How do you know it's a he?"

"He's definitely a he." I assured him. I scrambled to my feet. "Apollo and Meg!"

"Who?" Nico frowned.

"They're in the woods!" I insisted.

"Oh, hi I'm Apollo!" I heard someone giggle and shout and then hit the floor loudly.

"Is that..." Will trailed off, seemingly lost for words.

"Yes Will, that is your father." I declared.

********

Whist all of the campers fussed over Apollo and Meg I made my way towards the big house.

I felt fine now, I figured that it was just because I had landed on my stomach so hard. But I knew that I needed to talk to Chiron.

I walked into the big house to see Chiron satin the Rec room in horse form.

"Ariadne," Chiron looked slightly surprised to see me, "it appears you have a story to tell."

So I did. I told him everything that had happened, and how I thought it was all my fault.

"So Apollo is immortal," Chiron verified.

"and if he dies..." I trailed off.

Chiron smiled sympathetically, "You fear what will happen to you and your child." I nodded, "Ariadne," Chiron continued, "You no longer need to worry about that, your child will be more powerful than even his father."

My hands snaked around my stomach, "my mother told me the same thing."

There was a pause, as I thought about what Chiron was telling me.

"I want to know more about my father." I said eventually, "I know that he came here."

"He did," Chiron nodded, "his name was Caius Chester. He was here for a year before his mother Athena sent him on the quest to find the Mark of Athena. He never came back."

"What was he like?" I felt like a child asking these questions.

"He was kind and very clever, one of the cleverest demigods of his time," Chiron assured me, "And he would have been proud of his daughter."

"Thankyou Chiron." I thanked him. I sat down at one of the arm chairs in the rec room.

Caius. I finally had a name that I could put to the things that I had imagined of him over the years.

And Chester. I finally knew my own second name. A thing that my mother had hidden from me, a little piece of my own identity that I had never known.

My father had never had the chance to be a parent to me, but now I knew who he was. I could think of no better way to honor the man who had brought me into this world than to name my son after him.

So baby is a boy! Also Ri has decided to name him Caius after her father. What will Apollo think of the name?

Also what do you guys think of my new cover? It's not a massive change, but I figured I should put Adalaide Kane on the cover seen as she's who I have chosen as the face claim for Ri.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx