64- It's Creepy When You Watch People Sleep

Ri

Ri

Chiron was correct. We did have a lot to talk about.

The whole situation weirded me out, but I thought I was handling it pretty well. Chiron sat me and Cai down in the rec room.

"How do you even know what you're the god of?" I broke the awkward silence.

"I just know," Cai said. His voice was very similar to Apollo's. Very upbeat, and it slightly annoyed me. "I guess it's a god thing." In fact, a lot of things about him were very similar to Apollo.

"I hate god things," I grumbled.

Chiron was looking from me to Cai repeatedly. "It has been a while since a new God has been born." He said, "at least a century."

"Wow, that's exciting," I said.

"And I believe that Cai here is more powerful than your normal minor god." Chiron continued.

"Didn't we already figure that out?" I asked, "my mother told me that, and you kind of told me that too."

"Yes." Cai agreed helpfully, "you did."

"In that case, I think that you should go to Olympus," Chiron told us.

"I knew it!" I grinned. "C'mon Cai lets go to New York." I grabbed his hand and we shadow travelled.

We stumbled into existence in the Jackson's apartment. I fell down onto the sofa.

"I should not have done that," I said. "Really should not have done that."

"You shouldn't have done that," Cai told me.

"Not helping."

"What-" Percy ran into the room, holding his sword. "Ri? What are you doing here? Who's this?"

"Hi Percy," I waved, "this is Cai."

"I'm Cai!" Cai said, "God of life, mortality and immortality."

"He's my son."

"But you were pregnant like five seconds ago." Percy capped his sword and it turned into a pen.

"Not quite five seconds." I closed my eyes, I really shouldn't have shadow travelled.

"So why are you here?" Percy sat down next to me.

"We're going to Olympus," Cai said happily.

"Yeah," I stuck my thumb up, "but I'm going to need a nap first."

I fell asleep then and there.

My dreams were confusing, a mess of images of Apollo and Cai, and strangely, of my mother.

I woke up a few hours later, still on the sofa. I sat up to see Cai smiling at me.

"Did you not move?" I asked.

"He didn't move." Percy verified, he was sat at the dining table with some books, doing some studying. "It's weird."

"Well he's only a few hours old, so can you blame him?" I got to my feet.

"Let's go to Olympus." Cai grinned.

"No, wait-" I started, Cai grabbed my hand and we appeared on Olympus.

The throne room was different, it took me a moment to work out what had changed, but then I realised. There were no longer twelve thrones. There were thirteen.

Next to Poseidon's throne was another throne, it was a strange throne, made of dark obsidian.

There were no gods in the room, apart from Hestia, who was sat quietly tending the hearth.

"That's mine!" Cai smiled, "I think it's mine," he turned to me, "is it mine?"

"How in Hades should I know?" I looked around. "We need to get the gods here."

May the fourth be with you! And Happy Star Wars day!

Who has read the Burning Maze? I'm halfway through it at the moment.

Please try to avoid posting spoilers in the comments, as lots of people haven't read it yet!

If you haven't already, go and check out my book Em On Wattpad! It contains tips and tricks for fanfic writing, along with the opportunity for me to advertise your books!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx