22- I Throw Up, Several Times

********

********

"Ri?" Apollo grinned at me, "you finally decided to take a nap."

I scoffed, "It wasn't so much a decision, as Annabeth forcing me."

"I figured as much." He laughed, but then his face darkened, "I take it that meeting the Romans didn't go well."

I shook my head, "No it was awful, I'm pretty sure that we may have started a war between the camps."

"I think you may be right," Apollo nodded thoughtfully.

"How's it going to affect you?" I asked, "I mean your two lots of kids at war."

Apollo didn't seem to hear me. "Look Ri, this is probably the last time I'll be able to see you. I'll have to retreat to Delos with Artemis or my Roman and Greek forms will be at war with themselves."

I frowned, "Delos is where you were born right?" Apollo nodded, I kissed him, "I'm on my way to Greece, I'll see you there, I promise."

Apollo looked at me and sighed sadly.

"What's that about?" I asked him.

"You and I both know that you might not be able to keep that promise." He took my hands in his, "I have to go now, but Ri remember that I love you."

I opened my mouth to reply-

I didn't get the chance. I was jolted awake when the entire ship listed to port and I was thrown out of bed. I immediately felt waves of nausea wash over me.

I stumbled into the hallway.

"What on Olympus was that?" I shouted, then I noticed almost everyone crowded outside Jason's room.

"Oh," Hazel said, "We might've angered the nymphs who live in this lake. Like all of them."

"Great," Percy handed a steaming bucket that he was holding to Frank and Annabeth, "You guys help Leo, I'll hold off the water spirits as long as I can."

"On it!" Frank an Annabeth ran past me towards the lower decks, whilst Percy climbed the stairs.

"I'll be right back!" I told Hazel, Jason and Piper. I ran towards the bathroom and threw up. After that I felt much better, the nausea wasn't completely gone, but I felt better so I figured that was a bonus.

I stayed sat by the toilet, until the engine whirred to life and Annabeth came and found me.

She was sweaty, and had tar in her hair, "You alright?" She asked me.

"I'm amazing!" I laughed, "I didn't realise quite how seasick I get."

Annabeth laughed, "We're all going to meet in the mess hall in an hour." Then she got to her feet and went to clean up.

I returned to my cabin and brushed my teeth. Once an hour was up, Coach Hedge took the helm and we all met in the mess hall.

There was an awkward stand off between Percy and Jason where the two of them tried to sit in the same chair at the head of the table. After a brief stand off like they were both thinking 'seriously dude?', they forfeited the chair to Annabeth and sat at either side of her.

I settled at the other end of the table. The room was very tense, as if everyone was realizing what was happening. The quest had begun. Our destinies awaited us.

I have now published my first chapter of 2018, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant new year!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx