27- Chariots Have Feelings Too!

********

********

We did take off. But it didn't seem like we were being followed.

"Charleston." Percy declared, once he had finally caught his breath.

"What exactly did you find in Atlanta?" Jason frowned as if Charleston smelled bad.

Frank unzipped his bag and began rummaging through it. "Some peach preserves, a few tshirts, a snow globe and some Chinese handcuffs."

"What're Chinese handcuffs?" I frowned.

"How about we start from the top of the story, not the backpack." Annabeth suggested.

We gathered around the helm so that Leo could hear and Percy, Frank and Hedge told the story of what happened in Atlanta.

"So we know that our next step is to find his map in Charleston." Annabeth said after they had finished.

"A map to what?" Piper frowned.

"The Mark of Athena," I said, "that leads to something in Rome that can solve the Greek/Roman conflict."

"The giants bane." Hazel added.

"In my dream the twin giants said something about a statue." Percy nodded.

"Jason," Annabeth quickly changed the subject, "You've been to Charleston before?"

Jason nodded, "Reyna and I went on a quest to salvage weapons from the CSS Hunley."

"Should we check it out again?" Leo asked eagerly.

"There's two places in Charleston we should search." Jason said, "The museum where they keep the Hunley."

"I'll go, that sounds cool," Leo grinned.

"You should come too Frank." Jason suggested, Frank nodded.

"What was the other place?" Annabeth asked Jason.

"A place called the Battery, there was this spirit there. Me and Reyna tried to speak to it, but in the end it would only speak to her." Jason said.

"Why just her?" Annabeth frowned.

Jason shrugged, "It was like it would only speak to a girl or something."

"So a girl's quest." Annabeth proposed, "Hazel, Piper. We can go."

"I can think of a third place we should check." I suggested, everyone looked at me. "Apollo sometimes likes to park the sun chariot in Charleston. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. But if I'm right it might still be there."

"Isn't the sun chariot in the sky?" Frank frowned.

"It's more of a symbolic object than anything else," I mused, "The sun is always there, but the chariot helps fuel it and keep it's godly energy up."

Everyone nodded, "I'm cool to go and check that one out on my own," I said, "The chariot doesn't like strangers."

"It's a chariot, how can it not like something," Leo asked.

"Leo you have a walking table," I blinked at him, "Don't diss my chariot."

"Okay!" he stuck his hands up in surrender, "I'm sorry!"

"So that's all settled," Annabeth clapped her hands, "Leo when will we reach Charleston?"

"We should make it by tomorrow morning." Leo said, "I've had to set off a decoy to throw some eagles off of our trail, which means it will take longer than it should've." Leo clapped his hands, "I'm going to calculate the new route. I'll see you lot at dinner!"

I tried to sleep that night but no sleep came to me. My stomach churned with the rocking of the boat and the hum of the areal oars, I had to sprint to the bathroom once to throw up my dinner (I had decided that I really didn't like boats) and I couldn't get my mind clear enough for sleep.

As soon as we set down in Charleston Harbour I grabbed a plain piece of toast and set off to the park where I thought the sun chariot would be.

I was right in thinking that it would be there. The chariot was in the form of a mini parked in the car park. It was almost indistinguishable from the other cars there, and I wouldn't have spotted it if not for the godly aura it was giving off.

I climbed into the mini and patted her dash board, "Hello sweetie." I told the car. I rolled my eyes at how messy it was, "He's not been looking after you very well had he." I pressed a button and the mini transformed into the glory of the glowing sun chariot.

The chariot was impressive and flashy. Exactly Apollo's style. I wasn't sure that the map would be here, but I figured that there would be a fresh stock of ambrosia and nectar that I could take back to the ship.

Along with several bags of the godly food I found a picture of Apollo and I. We were grinning at the camera and he had his arms around me. This was an old picture, taken only a few months after we were married. I suddenly realised that our two year anniversary would be soon.

I pocketed the picture and lugged the bags off of the chariot. I also stole a coat and hoodie, both of them smelled like Apollo so I decided they were mine.

I pressed a latch to turn the chariot back into a mini. It did so. I grabbed my findings and began to make my way back to the ship.

Woop! A chapter with a small bit of Ri/Apollo fluff.
I don't have a ship name for them yet, what do you guys think it should be?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx