54- Apollo Is Introduced To Showering

********

********

Apollo was mystified by my morning routine of brushing my teeth, showering, deodorizing and using the toilet.

I showed him how to use the shower, he then complained when I left.

"I am not showering with you!" I told him. Once I had finished in the shower I then showed him how to use deodorant, which was an interesting experience. Then I showed him how to use a tooth brush.

When he had finally finished we stood by the door waiting for Will to let us out.

When he finally opened the door he was grinning.

"I hate you Will Solace." I declared as I breezed past him.

"You're grounded," Apollo told him before hurrying after me.

"It worked didn't it!" Will yelled after us.

"That doesn't mean you're not grounded!" Apollo yelled.

Breakfast was quiet. I sat with Nico and Will, whilst Apollo went off to find Meg.

Breakfast was cut short by the conch horn and Sherman Yang's shouts, "Morning boot camp! Let's go you special snowflakes! I want you all in tear by lunchtime."

This was the only time that I was thankful that my status as an immortal made me exempt from camp activities. Although I was pretty sure that this wouldn't have stopped Sherman, so if not for my doctors note I would have been put through the same torture as everyone else.

Apollo stopped at my feet, "I do not feel like a special snowflake."

"But your mother thinks you are," I laughed.

"You need to explain what happened with you and my mother." He panted.

"Apollo!" Sherman yelled; Apollo sprinted off so he didn't get battered by the son of Ares.

After the boot camp finished and I had recovered from laughing at a sweaty and exhausted Apollo, I had my 'doctor's appointment' with Will.

He had an ultrasound machine that camp had stored, "just in case," as Will put it.

He showed me the ultra sound images.

"You have a healthy baby boy due in more or less two weeks." Will told me after a lengthy assessment.

"Thank you." I told him, "Although this doesn't mean I forgive you for locking me in a cabin."

"You will," Will winked at me.

"You do realise he's your father," I told Will.

"Yeah," Will grinned, "and you're my step-mum, and that's my half-brother." He pointed at my stomach.

"He's not a 'that', he's called Cai." I scolded him.

"Okay," Will began to pack away his equipment away.

Lunch was full of people clambering about the three legged race and going through last minuet preperations.

Apollo seemed frantic to tell me something, but I got dragged away by Chiron who was asking me to help put some fires out.

Chiron allowed me to ride on his back, which itself was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we walked up to the start line.

Watching the god of archery tied to a twelve year old girl.

"Okay!" a satyr said, "Spread out a little bit more, please! We want you to have plenty of room so, you know, if you die, you won't take down all the other teams too!"

"Here's the deal," Harley said, "Each team has to collect three golden apples and then get back here alive."

"Now campers, let's have a good clean three legged race." Chiron said, "And another thing, given the problem our test group had this morning, please repeat after me; do not end up in Peru."

"Do not end up in Peru." Everyone chanted.

"So where's the starting line?" Sherman Yang asked.

"There is no starting line," Harley said gleefully, "You're all starting right where you are. Have fun!" The ground opened and the campers were all swallowed by the Labyrinth.

Here's another chapter for everyone. I hope you enjoyed it!
Remember to vote, comment and check out my new book Venus!
~Em xx