16- We Build A Boat

********

********

I didn't go back to camp for the next week, I figured that not much was going to happen and that they wouldn't really miss me.

Apparently I was wrong. I arrived back at camp after my week off to find it in a flurry of activity.

Annabeth strode up to me with a glint in her eyes.

"Where in Hades have you been?" She asked.

"I was on Olympus," I replied with a frown, "what is going on here?"

"We're building a massive boat," Annabeth stated.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow as I noticed some campers laden down with supplies.

"Because we have to go to Greece." Annabeth said in a 'duh' tone.

"Who's we?" I was still watching the retreating figured of the campers.

"The Demigods of the Prophecy," Annabeth rolled her eyes, "me, Jason, Piper and Leo. Percy, two campers from the other camp and of course you."

"Other camp?" My eyes widened.

"You've got a lot of catching up to do," Annabeth slung her arm over my shoulder. I didn't like how much taller than me she was.

"C'mon," she told me, "I'll explain everything."

And she did. She told me all about Jason, Piper and Leo's quest, and all about the Roman camp.

"I'm surprised Apollo didn't tell you about the Romans," Annabeth had said.

And then she told me all about the plans to travel to the Ancient Lands and defeat my grandmother Gaia.

I was beginning to like my family tree less and less.

So far my cousin had tried to kill me, I had married my great nephew and my father is technically my great great nephew. And no my grandmother was coming out for a visit.

Nothing was ever simple.

I helped as best I could with the building of the newly named Argo II. But it was slow going.

It didn't seem like we'd make it to the Roman camp before the end of June.

And on top of that Percy was still MIA. We couldn't be sure if he was actually at the other camp, we only had theories.

I made a good friend in Piper, and grew to respect Jason. Leo on the other hand I wanted to clobber with a mallet, but that was part of his charm.

As June came closer and closer we worked harder and harder on building the ship.

I returned to Olympus to see Apollo every night, and then every morning he would leave early to drive the sun  chariot. He even took me with him and taught me how to drive it (I wasn't very good and caused a drought in Australia, but that's not the point.)

Annabeth was putting on a brave face. I could tell she missed Percy and it was taking it's toll on her.

Sure they hadn't been a couple for long, but even I could see that they were meant to be together. That was plain to see.

I felt Percy's absence around camp too. The camp was leaderless. Their greatest hero and friend have been missing for months.

That is why the camp litterally threw a party when Leo announced that the Argo was ready. There were fireworks to send us off on our journey as we all loaded on to the boat, along with our satyr chaperone Gleeson Hedge.

Apollo was there. He kisses me goodbye and told me to stay safe.

I promised him that I would, but we both knew that it was an empty promise. I was flying into more danger than even a good could possibly imagine. Yes I was immortal, but anything as simple as an arrow could kill me.

The ship ascended into the clouds, giving me a last glimpse of the man I loved before he and the camp were shrouded by a carpet of white clouds.

Here's an update!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx