9- I Sleep In Heavy Traffic

********

********

I rubbed my hands together and steeled myself. I had only tried this once, and it had almost killed me. But I was determined.

I took a deep breath and put my hands above my head; I spread my palms and called out to any and all darkness. Shadows rushed towards me and surrounded me in a massive dome. I let them swirl around me for a while, building in both momentum and strength.

Then I sent the darkness to surround the city, creating a blanket of protection that would prove difficult for Kronos' army to breakthrough.

I held the wall up, using all of my strength. Wind whipped through my hair, blowing it across my face.

I began to sweat. I could hear blood pounding in my ears. My concentration was broken by a massive explosion near the edge of the city. The shadows dispersed, I stumbled, struggling to stay on my feet. I lost my footing and hit my head hard on a blue Volvo.

********

It was a hunter who found me. She had short black hair, and she was wearing a death to Barbie tshirt. She was wearing a silver tiara.

"So you're the darkness dome girl," She cocked her head to the side as she helped me to my feet. My legs still felt like jelly.

"Yes that would be me," I laughed, "and you are?"

"I'm Thalia." She said, "C'mon we need to get you to an Apollo camper."

I winced as I tried to put weight on my legs, "I think that would be a good plan."

By the time we got to the Plaza Hotel where all of the campers were hiding out I was ready to pass out again.

Thalia took me up the lift and dumped me on a sun longer.

"Hey Ri," I looked around to see Annabeth under a mountain of blankets in the longer next to me.

"Hello," I grinned, "What happened to you?"

"Oh you know, just took a knife," she laughed and then winced in pain, "was that dome you?"

I nodded, "I can't do it again though."

"Don't worry; you slowed them down a lot." Annabeth told me.

"Eat this," Will Solace had emerged on the terrace and tossed me a cube of ambrosia. I stuffed it in my mouth. It tasted like the chocolate brownies from the café down the street from mine and Apollo's house. It made me long for safety. It made me long for home. It made me miss Apollo.

Meanwhile Will was checking my temperature, he quickly moved onto my pulse and then shone a torch in my eyes.

"You're exhausted," He finally told me.

"I could have told you that without the medical analysis." I could hardly keep my eyes open. Will tossed me a few blankets.

"Get some sleep or you'll be dead on your feet tonight." Will left the terrace.

I fell asleep immediately.

My dreams were a confusing mess of memories and images of the army surrounding the city. There were also several distinct images of the battle between the Gods and Typhon. It was clear to see that the gods weren't fairing that well. That worried me. Typhon would reach Olympus in two days at most. If he made it the war was over, there was no hope.

I felt a pang as I saw the sun chariot swooping around the dark mass. I began to realise exactly how much I depended on Apollo being there. I needed him, he made me feel safe.

That was the moment that I knew that I loved the stupid sun God.

So Ri admits it.
How did you guys like the chapter? Unfortunately this might be the last chapter for the next week and a half as I have exams, I will try and get a chapter up, but no promises.
Remember to vote, comment and be fabulous!
~Em xx