3- I Sign Up To Join Team Evil

********

********

I stayed on Olympus until after New Year's. I knew that I had to get back to camp.

We were expecting Kronos' attack in August and the camp had so much to do before then.

The campers were in full on battle prepare mode. The whole 'only leave camp with permission' thing quickly went out of the window, so many people were coming and going, either to do combat missions or check up on their family and friends that it just became too out of hand to keep asking Chiron.

Mr D was summoned back to Olympus; thank the gods, so I no longer had to deal with his accusing expressions.

Annabeth enlisted my help to plan strategies. I knew more about the Titans than I liked to admit.

When I was around ten I snuck away from my mother and made the trek all the way to the maximum security zone where the Titans were locked away.

The golden walls towered over me as far up as I could see. I could just about make out Harpies flying around hundreds of meters up into the red tinted air. I walked all the way around the walls, but I couldn't find a door or any way to get in or out.

All the time I was there I was accompanied by a wailing noise from within the wall, and a cold feeling, as if a presence was following me.

I had hurried away from it as quickly as I could, not stopping until I made it back to the mansion of night.

That encounter was still one of the worst experiences of my life, I still remember the cold feeling, and now I was sure that the presence was Kronos, unable to take a form, merely vapour in the acidic air.

Annabeth described the encounters that she and Percy had with the Titans to me as we worked and in turn I shared my knowledge about the Titan's prison, although I told her that my father had told me about it, not that I had been there.

One afternoon in March Annabeth seemed to hit a wall. She threw her pencil down and lent back in her chair.

"If only we could have someone on the inside!" She mused. My eyes widened a bit at her words.

"I mean," she continued, "I'm sure Lu-Kronos has people in camp, we just need to get someone in with him, but if we wanted to do any good it would have to be someone powerful and.." she trailed off, "no never mind, forget I mentioned it."

"No," I frowned, "It could work."

"Yes, but who would do it?" Annabeth looked at me inquisitively.

"Me," I replied.

"You?"

"Yes. Me." I nodded, "Look, Annabeth I'm going to tell you something, and you probably won't believe me, but I swear on the River Styx it's true."

That got her attention, she sat up straight and looked right at me, "go on."

"I do know who my mother is. My mother is Nyx the primordial goddess of the night and mother of monsters. I was born in Tartarus and I grew up there. I only got out in July." I told her, I decided to leave Apollo out of the discussion. That would only add more to her confusion.

"Nyx." Annabeth repeated, blinking at me, "and your dad?"

"He was a son of Athena, he fell into Tartarus, my mother took pity on him and here I am." I said, "but he died a long time ago."

Annabeth continued to blink at me, before quickly spiralling into action.

"We can send you to the Princess Andromeda, I can get Lou Ellen to make a charm or something that allows you to communicate with us, but how will you convince Lu-Kronos?"

"Oh I think he knows me," I shuddered.

Annabeth took my word for it, and got to her feet, "I'll go tell Chiron."

"One more thing." I looked up at her, "can you swear on the river Styx not to tell anyone about this, at least not until I do anyway, Chiron knows, but no one else does."

She looked at me with an expression of absolute solidarity, "I swear on the River Styx."

Hey guys! Here's the next update! Woo!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx