20- We Make A Break For It

********

********

I settled on the edge of a fountain with a statue of a naked god in the middle. It massively resembled Apollo, although some things were... disproportionate.

"Ri!" Piper spotted me and settled down next to me, "is something wrong?"

"I just don't really like the idea of that prophacy," I looked into the water, "and that guy Octavian makes me uncomfortable. I don't like talking to my husband's kids."

Piper laughed, "I completely forgot about that!"

I trailed my fingers through the water.

"You're really worried about this prophacy aren't you." She asked, "you don't need to be. There's going to be seven of us there to help you, you can't try and bear the weight of it all."

I shrugged, "I guess I had this idea in my head that after the Titan war if just be able to live a normalish life, with the man I love. But now I might never even see him again."

Piper put a hand on my shoulder, "Ri, you've got more fight in you than anyone I've ever met. You will see him again."

I smiled at her sadly, "you should go back to the others."

"Are you sure?" Piper asked, "I can stay, I can..."

"Go!" I gave her a playful shove.

Piper grinned and hurried off, back the way we came.

I stayed there for a while. Staring at the water. Eventually I got to my feet and began walking back to the forum.

That was when all hell broke loose. A building exploded.

I broke into a run, people hurried away from the scene, pushing past me.

Another shot was fired and I realised that they were coming from the Argo II.

I spotted Octavian making his way down the rope ladder. I shadow travelled onto the ship as quickly as I could.

I looked around to find who was firing and saw Leo. A fireball hit the ship and it listed to one side.

Leo was standing next to the ballisti and I ran towards him. Another Roman fireball hit the ship and it groaned under the strain.

I stumbled towards Leo and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me. His eyes were glazed over. I punched him in the face and he punched me back.

I stumbled. His right hook had improved. I wondered vaigly if that was a side effect of his dazed eyes, and then I wondered why he had dazed eyes. Then I saw a giant dragon dropping Jason and Piper on the deck of the ship and I decided that I must be hallucinating.

I stumbled back towards Leo and slammed his face into the ballisti, knocking him unconscious.

"Go!" Percy yelled, "get us out of here!"

Annabeth hurried towards the helm and the ship shot upwards into the clouds.

My head throbbed, but I tried to shake it off.

"What in Hades was that?" Percy asked as he clung to a rail.

"I have no idea." I yelled back over the wind.

Oh don't mind me, just bawling my eyes out at Dance Academy for what must be the millionth time.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx