29- I Get Bangin'

********

********

I was shaken out of my thoughts when the ship lurched. I rolled my eyes slightly-thinking, oh what lovely monster will I get to fight this time-and grabbed my sword, heading onto deck.

The plainest way to describe what I found was that it was carnage.

Percy stood in the middle of the deck keeping the sea from overwhelming the boat. He was probably the only reason we were still afloat.

The rest of the crew darted around, trying to fight-and avoid-the giant sea monster that was rearing it's head from the waves. Everyone was struggling to get near enough to it and in my peripheral vision I saw Frank get knocked overboard. I saw Leo lunge for some Greek fire, then both he and Hazel were snatched up by the creature. I shadow travelled so I was standing on the creature's head.

Not my best plan. But then again I've had worse. I slipped and landed on my butt so that I was sitting on its head clinging onto one of it's scales.

Leo and Hazel were wound up tightly, but Leo's hands were free and he was trying to line up a shot of greek fire. I could see that he was going to miss.

Leo threw it and I shadow travelled. Emerging in mid air and catching the vial, before shadow travelling back to the monster, stuffing the vial into it's mouth and shadow travelling once again to land neatly on the deck.

The monster evaporated into dust and the sea was engulfed in greek fire. When it burnt out and Percy was able to dive into the water there was no sign of Leo, Hazel or Frank.

I felt slightly dizzy from all of the shadow travelling and the others where exhausted from fighting. But never the less we all hurried around the ship putting out fires and generally making sure the boat didn't sink.

I paced the ship, trying once again to shake some sickness away. I was worried about Leo, Hazel and Frank.

I heard a splash and looked around to see that Piper had jumped into the water and doggy paddled over to Leo, Frank and Hazel who had bobbed to the surface.

We helped them all aboard and they described meeting the fish centaurs. Then the conversation continued and later it changed so that we were discussing the Mark Of Athena.

Eventually Leo clapped his hands, "Well, good pep rally, but there's still a ton of things to fix on this ship before we get to the Mediterranean. Please report to Supreme Commander Leo for your super fun list of chores!"

My chores were not super fun. I was given the wonderful task of repairing the burnt chunks of the deck. Leo handed me a hammer, nails and some planks of wood and told me to "Get bangin' Sun Girl."

I growled at him and stomped off towards one of the holes. I placed a plank over the gap and began to hammer it in.

I hammered for a while and managed to seal most of the holes before the dinner bell rang.

I disguarded my hammer and the few nails I had left over and headed down to the mess hall.

Dinner was a mess. Leo had left the ship on autopilot so even Coach Hedge was there.

The Coach was chewing on some Coke cans and showing an entirely uninterested Leo some martial arts movements.

Leo was chewing on some tacos and trying to ignore Hedge.

Annabeth and Percy sat next to eachother, Percy was once again eating pizza. His arm was around Annabeth as she poured over a book.

Hazel and Frank were laughing about something and Jason and Piper were having a discussion.

I took the last spare seat and started eating a chicken salad. I poked around at my food, not really wanting to eat it.

Tomorrow we would be in the Mediterranean. Tomorrow it would really start.

Here be a filler chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx