81- Cai Plans To Make A Goddess Kebab

Caius
Plain and simple, my father annoyed me.

As we walked he continued to attempt to encourage me with quotes from some of his favourite works of literature throughout history.

Only a few hours later I was ready to take out my frustration out on any monster that came at me, however, no monsters confronted us. This confused me, mainly because any time my mother had mentioned Tartarus (just the one time, but that's not the point) she has described it as being full of the worst kinds of monsters. I would have thought that they would have been drawn towards two gods even more so than demigods. But it seemed that I was wrong.

Nothing bothered us as we walked through a strange forest with trees that dripped a red liquid that looked like mortal blood.

Nothing bothered us as we walked through a clearing with a stream trickling through it that looked very unhealthy to touch.

Whilst nothing attacked us, I came closer and closer to attacking my father. He just would not shut up. How on earth my mother had put up with his endless rambling was a mystery to me. He was unceasingly annoying.

"Father, can you do something for me please?" I asked as we made our way through a forest of dead-looking trees, with red blood dripping from the branches.

"Of course you can Cai," Apollo smiled at me.

"Can you please shut up?" I asked.

Apollo looked very taken aback, it was as if I was the first person to ever tell him to stop talking. I was sure that I wasn't, if he was this annoying to everyone then surely many people must've told him to shut up in his very long lifetime. 

After I asked him to shut up, he didn't speak, which was beautifully refreshing as I now had time to think through my plan for defeating Nyx. She was a primordial being, which of course meant that she was immortal, but as I was the god of immortality, I had a suspicion that her immortality wouldn't be an issue for me.

I wanted Nyx to die for what she had done, for the pain she had caused my mother, and for taking my mother away from me.

Apollo's not speaking resolve didn't last very long, "so Caius, how do we intend to kill Nyx?"

"I intend to make her into a kebab on my sword," I replied.

"Stabbing her won't work," Apollo rolled his eyes, "need I remind you that she is immortal?"

"And do you remember what I am the god of?" I asked as I ploughed on through the trees.

"Life?"

"The other thing."

"Mortality?"

"The other thing."

"Immortality?"

"Exactly, I am the god of immortality, which means that I can take away immortality if I so choose," I declared, "so that is exactly what I intend to do. Take away Nyx's immortality and then make her into a goddess sized kebab."

"Well that's a pleasant image," Apollo's face scrunched up, "however it is an imperative happening. For Ri to be avenged, Nyx must die and be sent to the void."

As Apollo said this, we emerged from the forest onto an empty plane of rugged land. Not ten meters ahead of where Apollo and I stood the plane dropped off into an abyss. In the abyss was a door, a door that led to the mansion of Nyx. We were here.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Remember to vote, comment and, if you haven't already, vote for this book in the PJO Wattys!

~Em xx