28- I Use Surprise Attack Power!

********

********

Of course it wasn't that easy to get back to the ship. Being as stubborn as I am I refused to shadow travel and instead lugged my findings through the streets.

That wasn't the hard part though. The hard part was when I was tackled to the ground by a random passer-by.

Instinctively I dropped my bags and reached for my wrist where my ribbon was tied in a bow.

The person got there before me and grabbed the ribbon transforming it into a sword. This all happened in a split second just before my back slammed into the concrete pavement.

With my own sword pointed at my throat I was able to see who the person was. It was a guy who looked around fifty. He worse a tshirt that said 'My jokes are funny.' And shorts. His eyes were glazed over. He was possessed.

"Daughter of Nyx." The Eidolon snarled.

"I thought Piper banished you," I replied, eyeing the tip of my sword hovering over my chest.

"I will live again!" He said, he seemed almost manic, "Your godly engery will bring me back!"

He made a face like he was constipated.

"Um, what are you doing?"

"I cannot posses you," the Eidolon glared at me, "too much godly energy."

I frowned, what was he talking about? Too much godly energy, was that even a thing?

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I snapped back.

The Eidolon snarled again and pressed the tip of the sword into my chest. The world exploded.

At least mine did anyway. A golden light blasted the Eidolon back and I jumped to my feet, snatching my sword from where it lay on the pavement. I gathered my things quickly and shadow travelled away from the angry Eidolon.

********

I landed in the middle of a war zone, and this time it wasn't because of my bad aim. I ducked as an arrow almost hit my face.

The ship had moved and was moored near to Fort Sumptur. And the Romans had arrived.

A legion of them were on the shore, trying to get onto the boat or firing flaming arrows.

The crew dashed around, trying to put out fires and prevent Romans from getting onto the ship.

"Ri!" Percy spotted me, "A hand over here!" I sprinted over to the gangway, dropping my bags and lifting my sword. I didn't kill any Romans, more like severely wounded them.

Eventually Annabeth dashed onto the ship and we set off. Percy summoned a massive wave and Jason summoned a gust of wind and we rode it out of the harbour and into the Atlantic.

As I clung on to the starboard rail what had happened spun through my head. What had the Eidolon been talking about? What had he meant by too much godly energy? And where had that light come from?

I decided to keep the encounter to myself. The crew had enough to worry about without this.

With the wind and waves, my seasickness set in again. I managed not to throw up which I was pretty proud of honestly.

Eventually the sea calmed and the winds settled, allowing us to travel at a less sickening velocity.

I pulled on my newly acquired hoodie and walked over to where Jason and Percy sat slumped against the mast. Annabeth and Piper were trying to get them to drink some water and Frank and Hazel where having a hushed conversation.

"Did you find the map you were looking for?" Leo asked Annabeth.

Annabeth nodded.

"We're about an hour away from those coordinates you gave me," Leo continued, "any idea what we're looking for there?" He directed his question at Percy, who shook his head.

"The Nereid said Chiron's brothers would be there." He said, "and that they'd want to hear about the aquarium. She also warned me that Keto from the aquarium might be sending some sea monsters after us, she said to expect an attack."

Everyone exchanged looks.

"We need to go fast; Nico only has three more days left!" Hazel said glumly.

"We can make it to Rome in three days," Leo promised, "assuming nothing unexpected happens."

"Did the world just turn upside down?" Percy groaned.

"Yeah, and it's yellow." Jason added, "should it be yellow?"

"Summoning that storm really sapped your strength." Piper told the boys, "you've got to rest."

"Frank," Annabeth looked at him, "Can you help us get the guys to their cabins?"

Frank eyed Leo but helped Annabeth and Piper anyway.

I headed down to my cabin and lay down on my bed. I needed to speak to Apollo more than ever. Maybe he'd have an idea what was going on.

But he was completely out of reach, hidden away on Delos with only Artemis for company. I was sure he was driving her insane.

The ship continued to rock ever so slightly with the waves. I stared at the wood panelled ceiling, mulling the events of the past few days over in my head.

So the ship name has been narrowed down to Apri, Ariollo or Apolliande. The results of the dance battle we're inconclusive due to a disqualification for illegal dabbing.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx

The Daughter Of Night (Original Version)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara