Prologue- A Very Jackson Christmas

"Merry Christmas!" Percy yelled at 6

"Merry Christmas!" Percy yelled at 6.00 am on the 25th of December. I groaned and ripped open my a bag of doritoes.

Despite the fact that I was sleeping on the couch I could still hear him shouting from the bedroom. I was sitting on the sofa with my legs stretched out. Minutes later a groggy Annabeth emerged in one of Percy's old t-shirts.

"I hate him," she growled, rubbing sleep from her eyes.

I grinned back at her.

"And I hate you too," she pointed at me and moved to the bathroom.

I munched on my bag of Doritos.

I had been a guest on the Jackson's sofa for a while and I loved it here. Sally was the loveliest woman I had ever met and she made a mean lasagne. Annabeth was staying for Christmas break and then she was heading to San Francisco to spend some time with her dad.

Percy was back at school.

I had been trying to make myself useful. I had spent the time when everyone else was asleep cleaning the apartment.

Sally joked that elves did it in the night. I tried to help her cook but I was terrible and if not for Percy I would have burnt the building down.

I wasn't allowed near the kitchen after that. I tried not to get in the way as much as I could.

Percy came out of the bedroom not too long later.

"Hey Percy, please put a shirt on," I told him, he looked down and realised that he was only dressed in his boxers.

"Sorry!" He darted back into his room ad emerged wearing some ratty jeans and pulling on a camp halfblood t-shirt. "Sorry," he said again.

"Hey at least you were wearing boxers this time." I grinned, eating another dorito, "that's progress."

He sat down on the sofa, squashing my legs.

"Ow!" I complained, but he didn't move.

"Merry Christmas," Percy said.

"Yeah," I mumbled, "It's 6am, there's nothing merry about 6am."

"But it's Christmas!" He gave me a sarcastic grin.

Thump. I kicked him off of the sofa and he landed on his but on the floor.

Sally cooked an amazing Christmas dinner and we all exchanged presents. It was the best Christmas ever, but I had nothing to compare it to because it was the first Christmas I ever celebrated.

********

As December turned into January I was still staying at the Jackson's. Annabeth had gone and Percy was back at school. Percy's stepdad Paul was an English teacher and he was really nice.

Sally was working from home, endlessly typing on her computer. Whilst my baby was endlessly moving around and making me very annoyed and giving me a very short temper. Sally's baby was good as gold and just seemed to make her want to bake a lot of cookies.

This was a bonus for me because Sally's cookies tasted like heaven.

In mid-January there was a ring on the door buzzer that changed everything.

Here's a festive chapter... In February!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx