36- SWEEP!

********

********

"SWEEP!" The Titan yelled as he swung the broom that he was holding (that had a spearhead jutting from one end).

He got rid of all of the empousi in no time.

He had glowing silver hair and was dressed in overalls.

"Sweep, sweep, sweep!" he yelled again as he did a victory dance.

"How..." Annabeth held her bleeding arm looking shocked.

"Percy called me!" The Titan grinned, "Yes he did!"

"A friend of yours?" I turned to Percy.

He nodded.

The Titan looked at Annabeth's arm and tapped it, healing it instantly, "All better! I am Bob, Percy's friend."

"Thanks for the help," Percy said warily, "it's really good to see you again."

"I am helping!" Bob the Titan said happily, "I heard my name. Upstairs in Hades's palace, nobody calls for Bob uness there is a mess."

"That's awesome," Percy grinned, "But how did you..."

"Time to talk later!" Bob's expression turned suddenly serious, "We must go before they find you."

"They?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," Bob agreed, "But Bob knows a way. Come on friends! We will have fun!"

The Titan turned and began to stride away.

We hurried after him.

"Where are we headed," I asked him.

"Bob knows a safe place, we will rest there!" Bob declared.

"Which safe place?" I pursued.

"Hermes's shrine!" Bob said happily.

I mentally slapped myself, I should have thought of that. How many times had I walked past the white building that was so out of place here? How many times have I hidden in there from monsters?

"Of course," I turned to look at Percy and Annabeth, "You guys can sleep there and we can get some more food."

"Hermes has a shrine in Tartarus?" Percy frowned.

"Yes it fell from somewhere long ago. Maybe mortal world. Maybe Olympus." Bob laughed.

"Monsters steer clear of it," I told them, "They don't like the godly power there. It's not too far from here."

"You said someone was chasing us," Annabeth looked to Bob, "Who?"

"The Giants and Titans. The defeated ones. They know you are here." Bob seemed too happy about this.

"So why are we going to stop then?" Annabeth insisted.

"You guys need rest." I told her, "This is pretty much the only place that you're going to be able to get any."

"We're here!" Bob yelled in delight.

Bob rushed in and began sweeping around the altar.

"Both of you get some sleep," I told them, "me and Bob look out for monsters."

They both fell asleep quickly. I sat on the alter cross legged and Bob sat in the corner.

I mulled over everything that had happened. I had already lost track of how much time had passed since I had arrived here, but I did know that it was still a long way to the doors.

I let them sleep for as long as I could. But when burnt offerings appeared on the alter I woke them up.

Bob munched on a slice of pizza, Percy and Annabeth dug into roast beef and I ripped open a pack of peanut M&M's.

"I think that it's from camp halfblood," Percy said excitedly.

"M&M's," Annabeth said, "Connor Stoll always burned a pack for his dad at dinner."

It was a nice thought. A little taste of home.

"Percy," Annabeth said quickly, "do you have a pen?"

"You're kidding right," Percy held up Riptide.

"But can you actually write with it?" She asked.

"Uh..." Percy looked at her, she took the pen from him and uncapped it, it turned into a sword, then she pressed the cap to the other end and it turned back into a pen.

Annabeth grabbed a napkin and wrote on it. She placed the note on the alter and set fire to it, "with any luck that will make it back to camp."

"We must go now!" Bob got to his feet, "They will be here in a few minutes."

"I don't see anything," Percy looked outside, "Which giants are we talking about? Which Titans?"

"Not sure of names," Bob confessed, "Six or seven maybe. They can smell you, demigods smell like buttery bread!" he looked at me and sniffed, "especially that one."

"Walking straight to the doors would be bad," I said, changing the subject.

"Yes," Bob confirmed, "too many monsters gathered there. Even Bob could not sweep that many away. They would kill Percy and Annabeth in about two seconds."

"Is there another way?" Annabeth looked from me to Bob.

"We need to get the Death Mist from Aklys." I said, "after that you can go through the mansion of Nyx, then you're pretty much at the doors."

"Ri you're coming to the doors too," Annabeth set her jaw and crossed her arms, "we both know full well you were lying about having another way out."

"Okay," I lied again, "I'm coming with you I promise."

Annabeth didn't break eye contact with me, but I stared straight back at her, holding my nerve.

"We really must go now!" Bob advised, "before we are killed."

I'm a severely sleep deprived and cranky. But I managed to bash this chapter out whilst I was babysitting until 3.00am last nigh. It is now 9.00am and I haven't yet gone to sleep.
Remember to vote, comment and SLEEEEEEEP!
~Em xx