7- Camp Halfblood Takes A Field Trip

Percy and Annabeth hurried away quickly

Percy and Annabeth hurried away quickly. They were probably going to argue about how Annabeth hadn't told him who I am.

I stayed sitting on the edge of the ping pong table for a while longer thinking about Apollo.

He was busy fighting the biggest threat the gods had ever faced, whilst I was here, doing nothing but debate and plan. It was infuriating.

"Ariadne," Chiron wheeled in looking surprised to see me still sat there.

"Hi Chiron," I quickly put a smile onto my face.

"You're worrying about your husband aren't you." He said with a knowing look.

I nodded, "I can't help it!" I pulled the chain with my ring on it out and began to fiddle with it, "I know he's immortal, but I just can't help worrying."

Chiron smiled, "There's no use worrying about something you have no control over."

I grinned, "Thanks Chiron." I got to my feet and walked past him.

********

Percy disappeared from camp quickly after Beckendorf's shroud was burnt. Before I knew it he had contacted Annabeth asking her to bring any campers willing to fight to New York.

We all loaded onto the vans that took produce into the city.

The ride was uncomfortable to say the least. We were very tightly squeezed in. But I had bigger things on my mind than my own comfort.

I was thinking through all of Kronos' strategies, anything that might help us beat him. But I was lost.

We finally arrived at the Empire State Building and we all piled out of the vans to see Percy waiting for us on the curb.

"Thanks for coming everybody. Chiron, after you." Percy was looking at Chiron expectantly, but Chiron just shook his head at the son of the sea god.

"I came to wish you luck. But I do not visit Olympus uninvited." Chiron replied.

"But you're our leader!" Percy insisted.

"I am not your leader, I am your teacher. Those are two very different things. I will go and gather the allies I can, I might still be able to convince the Party Ponies to help us." Chiron told Percy, "Anyway, Percy you called everyone here. You are the leader."

Percy took a breath and looked at all of us, "Okay, something bad is going to happen by tonight. We've got to talk to Zeus and convince him to defend the city."

Percy spoke to Argus and had a quick talk with Chiron before looking back at the forty something demigods who had gathered, "Let's go!"

We walked into the lobby and towards the guy at the front desk. He looked up at Percy.

"School group?" He asked, "We're just about to close up."

"600th floor please." Percy told him.

The guy's eyes flickered from person to person and then his eyes wrested on me, and I could tell he knew who I was.

"Go around the metal detectors," He said, not taking his eyes off of me.

It took us two trips to get everyone up, I was in the first lift and I was just as eager as ever to get out of the lift as ever.

Olympus was eerily silent. There was no music, no voices, no laughter. Most of the windows that I could see were dark. We began to make our way towards the throne room, through empty streets and parks. I felt a pang as we passed the house I had lived in with Apollo. The lights were off and it looked deserted.

"Look!" someone yelled, blue lights were being shot from all over the city, as they got closer they fizzled out.

"We're being targeted," I said, "We should keep moving."

We entered the throne room and I immediately spotted Hestia, sat by the hearth. She was poking the flames with a stick.

"Lady Hestia," Percy bowed his head.

Hestia looked at Percy, "I see you went through with your plan. You bear the curse of Achilles."

Everyone began to mutter immediately. The curse of Achilles. I had heard stories about Achilles, he bathed in the Styx and became invulnerable everywhere apart from his heel.

"You have to be careful, you are still blind to the important truth, perhaps a glimpse is in order." Hestia said. Percy and Hestia locked eyes. Then Percy collapsed.

Annabeth caught him, "how long was I out?" he asked.

"You weren't out," Annabeth frowned, "You just looked at Hestia and then collapsed."

Percy shook his head as if to clear it.

"Lady Hestia," I smiled at her, "We've come to see-"

"We know what you need," Hermes materialised next to Hestia. Hestia smiled and disappeared into smoke.

"Lord Hermes," Percy bowed awkwardly.

Oh sure, One of the snakes hissed, don't bother with us!

George, be polite! The other snake scolded him.

"Hey George, Martha," Percy replied.

Where's my rat? George asked

George stop it, he's busy, Martha hissed.

Too busy for-

"Hermes, we need to speak to Zeus, It's important," I cut the snake off before they could speak anymore.

"May I take a message," Hermes asked.

"I'll show you where you can shove you message-." I began, but Percy cut me off before I could finish and Annabeth shot me a glare.

Percy began speaking to the other demigods, whilst Hermes gave me a glare that clearly said, If you weren't married to my brother I would blast you so much that even your atoms wouldn't be found.

Hey guys! Here's a chapter for you. Guess what, it's my birthday on Wednesday woooooo!16 here I come!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em x