45- My Husband Returns From War

********

********

Sally answered the buzz, "Yes."

"Hello," a voice said, "This is Apollo."

I jumped up; Sally looked back at me, her eyebrows rising in surprise.

Percy skidded into the room with an exasperated expression on his face.

It wasn't him, it wasn't possible. I turned and walked into the bathroom. Pressing my ear to the door so I could still hear what was going on.

"The god," the voice added, "is Percy home?"

"I am so not in the mood for this," Percy murmured, and then he buzzed the person in.

There was a moment of waiting before I heard the door open and Percy said, "Why?"

"Percy Jackson, my blessings upon you! I am in need of assistance." It wasn't until he said this that I realised that he was in fact Apollo.

I unlocked the bathroom door and walked out.

"Who's your friend?" Percy was asking.

"This is..." Apollo began, and then he spotted me, "Ri?"

I burst out laughing. He was an achene ridden teenage boy who looked like he'd been mugged.

"What is it?" Apollo frowned at me.
I put my hand in front of my face and shook my head, waving him away.

"I'm Meg McCaffrey," A little girl with an incredible array of clothing piped up, "I rescued him from street thugs."

"Rescued," Percy frowned, I was still trying to stifle my giggles, "You mean the 'beat up teenager' look isn't just a disguise? Dude what happened to you?"

"Meg may have mentioned the street thugs," Apollo looked away from me. I was almost doubled over with laughter.

"But you're a god," Percy crossed his arms.

"About that... I was a god."

That got me to stop laughing. "Was?"

"Also, I'm fairly certain that we're being followed by malicious spirits." Apollo added.

Percy sighed, "Maybe you should come inside."

Percy let them pass and enter the apartment. It was only then that Apollo noticed how pregnant I was, it was also then that Percy's mum walked in.

"Sacred Sibyl!" Apollo exclaimed, "Ladies there is something wrong with your midsections." I whacked him around the head. "ow!" he complained, "That hurts now."

"I'm pregnant dummy," I scolded him.

"My mother Leto suffered a long pregnancy, but only because Hera cursed her, Ri who cursed you?"

"No one cursed me," I rolled my eyes, "But your mother on the other hand is a different story."

"Nobody is cursed," Percy stepped towards Apollo, "and please no mentioning Hera."

"What's wrong with my mother?" Apollo ignored Percy.

"Believe me, you do not want to get me started on your mother." I assured him.

"So anyway," Percy cleared his throat, "Mum, this is Apollo and his friend Meg. Guys this is my mum."

"Call me Sally." Sally shook Apollo's hand and noticed a gash on his arm. "Percy can help you get bandaged and cleaned up."

"I can?" asked Percy.

"There's a first aid kit in your bathroom sweetheart. Apollo can take a shower, then wear your extra clothes. You two are about the same size."

"That is really depressing." Percy complained.

"I have some clothes that might fit you Meg," I told her, I didn't go nearer because she looked ready to bite me.

"Then we'll get you something to eat," Sally didn't seem scared that Meg was going to bite her. She cupped the girl's chin.

"I like food." Meg muttered.

"C'mon Meg," I said, "let's go through my stuff."

Happy Valentine's!
Here is a very unromantic chapter for you crazy kids!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx