24- I Tame A Wild Coach

********

********

"LIGHTS OUT!" Coach Hedge yelled, "SETTLE DOWN!"

"Coach."

"TRY TO SNEAK OUT AND I'LL SMACK YOU BACK TO LONG ISLAND." He banged his baseball bat on Percy's bedroom door.

"Coach."

"GET TO SLEEP CUPCAKES!"

"COACH!" I yelled, that finally got his attention, "don't you think you should try and sleep too?" I asked him, mainly to try and get him to shut up so that tomorrow we didn't have a crew full of zombie demigods, "it's been a really long day and you've been super useful. I'll take it from here."

"I suppose," he grunted, "but call me if you need me to hit anything."

"Of course!" I herded him towards his room and then retreated to the helm.

I looked out across the dark landscape and shivered. I wondered if my mother was watching me right now. The hairs on the back of my neck pricked up and I shivered, a cold feeling washing over me. I turned around, but there was nothing there, just my imagination.

My mother had paid me more attention than most Demigod kids got. But that didn't make me feel special. My mother was the devil.

Morning came and the crew began to wake up. Leo took over the steering and played with his Wii remotes.

I was forced to have a nap by Annabeth, I protested that I didn't need a nap. But she wasn't having any of it. She was honestly what I pictured a really strict mother as.

I didn't sleep. I just sat on my bed staring at out of the small porthole in my cabin. I left my room when I heard the breakfast bell sound.

I headed up onto deck. Chewing some ambrosia cubes as I went, which flooded me with a feeling of safety.

"So." Annabeth said as I walked into deck, everyone else already being there, "we're here, what's the plan?"

"I want to check out the highway, find the sign that says Topeka 32." Piper spoke up.

"Shouldn't be too far," Leo spun his wifi controller, lowering the sails. "Fest is and I calculated the landing best we could. What do you expect to find at the mile marker?"

"I saw a vision in my knife, of a man in purple offering me a goblet." Piper explained.

"Sounds like Bacchus," Jason commented.

I clicked my tong and Percy laughed.

"Dionysus," He muttered, "if we came all the way to Kansas to see Mr D..."

"Bacchus isn't that bad," Jason commented, "I did him a favour once up in the wine country."

"Maybe he's less annoying on the Roman side?" I suggested, "he still calls me Rice, seriously, Rice!?"

"Why would he be hanging around in Kansas? Didn't Zeus order all of the gods to stop contact with mortals." Percy added.

"They've not been very good at following that order," Frank noted, "besides if the gods have gone schizophrenic like Ri said then who knows what's going on with the Olympians." He turned to me, "did Apollo mention anything."

I shrugged, "he only mentioned himself and Artemis. But he's self centred like that so we can't expect anything else. There could be some pretty bad stuff out there."

"Sounds dangerous!" Leo grinned, "you guys have fun, I've got to finish repairs on the hull, coach is going to work on the crossbows. Annabeth, I could really use your help."

"He's right I'll stay here," Annabeth nodded and looked at Percy.

"I'll come back to you," Percy kissed her on the cheek, "promise."

"I'll turn into a crow or something and keep an eye out for Roman Eagles," Frank said.

"Why a crow?" Leo asked, "why not just turn into a dragon all the time?"

"Because it's hard!" Frank defended himself.

"I'll help you," Hazel suggested, "I'll scour the ground on Arion." Hazel turned to Percy, "be carful when you go out there, lots of fields, lots if crops, could be Karpoi."

"Karpoi?" Piper frowned.

"Grain spirits, you do not want to meet them!" Hazel said with absolute certainty.

I had no idea how grain spirits could be so threatening. But then again I had met children of Demeter. Katie Gardener could do some serious damage, you did not want to be on her bad side.

"I think I'll stick to the ship," I stated, "me and Mr D are on pretty bad terms so I'll just muck it up for you. Plus I'm way too Greek if it turns out he's Bacchus."

"So that leaves the three of us to check out the mile marker," Percy said.

"Let's go find the highway." Piper grinned and the crew dispersed to do their various jobs.

Here's a chapter!!
I have been trying to post it all day, Wattpad is being so annoying atm!
Remember to vote, comment and check out my other books!
~Em xx