17- We Go For A Meet And Greet With The Neighbors

********

********

"So," Leo grinned at me, "sup."

I rolled my eyes, "oh nothing much, just the end of the world."

"That's a nice thought isn't it," Leo said with a sarcastic grin, "woo it's the end of the world, better take a Polaroid."

"Go away Leo." I told him.

"That's captain Leo to you."

I shot him a glare.

"Woa, no need to be so hostile!" I stuck his hands up in surrender, "I'm going, I'm going." He backed off and left me leaning on the rails.

Apparently flying didn't trigger my sea sickness, but I wasn't looking forwards to landing on water.

Not long before we were due to arrive at Camp Jupiter, Annabeth began paceing the deck. I could see her mind whirring with possible scenarios of what might happen when we arrived.

Personally I was trying to avoid thinking about it.

Jason stood next to the figure head. He wore a purple cloak, which apparently showed the rank of Pretor. Underneath he wore an orange Camp half blood t-shirt, which, let's be honest would probably antagonise the Romans.

Leo was at the helm, he was playing with his Wii controllers, and thumbing through some CDs, which was how he steered the ship.

Piper was muttering her 'lines' over and over.

"Put down your weapons, we just want to talk." She murmered.

I felt the urge to put down my sword. But I shook it off quickly.

We had managed to convince the coach to spend the morning watching some TV. We had decided that we wouldn't benefit in any way from having the coach involved in our meet and greet with the fairly hostile neighbors.

I hoisted the white flag. And it seemed as though we were ready.

There was a bang and Annabeth let out a loud yelp.

I whittled around to see a statue (the head and shoulders perched on a pedestal).

The statue was glaring at Annabeth.

"UNACCEPTABLE!" The statue yelled, "WEAPONS ARE NOT PERMITTED OVER THE PREMARIAN LINE!"

"The premarian what?" I quickly tugged on my ribbon to release my sword.

"The city limits," Jason had hurried over, "Terminus, you remember me, I'm Jason..."

"Jason Grace, son of Jupiter!" The statue (who's name was apparently Terminus) shouted, "I cannot allow this monstrosity across the premarian line!"

"Oh you did not just do that," Leo advanced, shaking his wii remote at the statue, "my ship is not a monstrosity."

Terminus ignored Leo and looked from me to Annabeth.

"You Greeks have no sense of decency!" The statue declared, "a daughter of Minerva and Nox attempting to set foot on Roman soil."

Annabeth had been silent so far, but she finally opened her mouth to speak, "Terminus is their any rule that prevents us from hovering over New Rome?"

Terminus frowned, "I don't think so."

"We'll leave our weapons on the ship and use a ladder to climb down into the city."

Terminus regarded Annabeth, "I can allow that."

"Leo stop the ship!" Annabeth demanded, Leo pulled his Wii remote sharply upwards and the ship stopped descending.

My stomach dropped and I shuddered. Something was going to go wrong, I could feel it.

Hi guys! Here's an update! Christmas is right around the corner wooo!
Remember to vote, comment and spread the Christmas cheer! (Or holiday cheer)
~Em xx