67- Just Ri

Ri

Ri

Once Cai shrunk me back down to normal size (which was almost as weird as being grown to 30 foot), I headed off in the direction of home.

"Where's home?" Cai hurried after me.

"You'll love it." I promised him.

Olympus was as loud and lively as ever. Cai wasn't far behind me, but he seemed like he was going to lose me in the crowd, he grabbed on to the back of my shirt so he didn't get lost.

It was weird thinking that Cai was only like a day old. And that I had given birth to him. It was just one think in a series titled 'weird things that have happened to Ri since becoming a mother.'

Finally I rounded the corner and walked into my house.

"I do love it," Cai was grinning like a maniac. "It's beautiful mother."

I shuddered, "yeah, I was going to say something about that... can we lean towards mum or just Ri, mother is..." well, mother reminded me of my own mother, whom I had been terrified of for years.

"Mum or just Ri it is." Cai agreed, "but I'm serious, it's beautiful."

It was, the Greek style building almost glowed. I loved it. I looked around, everything important had happened here, I had fallen in love here, I had come to know myself here.

"Do you want a bedroom or something?" I shook myself from my thoughts.

"A bedroom?" Cai repeated, "I don't sleep."

"No me neither," I laughed, "But you can keep your stuff there, and it's just a place you can be alone."

"Okay, I'll have a bedroom." Cai grinned.

"You can choose any," I gestured around, "apart from that one," I pointed at a door, "That's ours."

"You and father?" Cai asked, "what's he like?"

"He's..." I trailed off, "hard to summarize."

"Is he?"

"He's like you, but not like you..." I struggled to find the words, "He's so infuriating, but I can't help but love him."

Cai smiled.

"I'm going to change," I walked towards my room, "I won't be long."

Pulled some clothes out of the dresser and pulled them on, a t-shirt, some jeans and one of Apollo's hoodies.

The bed was unmade, it had probably been that way for months, I hadn't been here since before the giant war, and it didn't look like Apollo had either.

I tumbled down onto the bed, pulling the duvet close to me. I inhaled the smell of the duvet. It didn't smell dusty (nothing seemed to get dusty on Olympus), it smelled perfect. It smelled like safety, it smelled like my possibly dead husband.

A sob ripped through me and I curled up into a ball, wrapping the duvet around me, another sob, and then I felt hot tears trail down my face.

I tried to push it away, to wipe the tears from my face and pretend everything is okay.

But I couldn't and it wasn't okay. For the first time in my life (even more so than when I had been a child) I felt completely alone.

Wooo!
Chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx