47- We Smash Up A Mexican Take Away Place

********

********

"So back to your story," Percy said as we piled into Paul's car. I took the shotgun seat, Percy drove and Meg and Apollo sat in the back. Much to Apollo's dismay.

"Gods do not ride in the back seat!" He murmured to me as we got into the car.

"So you have to be Meg's servant now?" Percy asked as he started the engine.

"Yes, my fate is linked with young McCaffrey." Said Apollo.

"We're cooperating." Meg agreed.

"And this whole turning into a mortal thing... You've done it twice before?" Percy frowned.

"Not by choice." Apollo assured us, he then launched into a lengthy story about his past trails.

This was the first time I realised how angry I was, and how much he irritated me.

His cocky personality had been endearing to me once. For some reason as a god, he had never really made me angry. But now I was beyond pissed at him.

I wasn't sure what caused me to suddenly feel so angry. That was when I remembered my oath. I had sworn to my mother that I would stay with her, I had broken an oath on the Styx. This was my punishment.

It wasn't anger I was feeling. It was guilt. But I was still so angry. It didn't seem like Apollo cared that he hadn't been there for me. It seemed like he was more worried about his lack of immortality than his unborn child.

I could've almost laughed at my situation. Before I even met Apollo I didn't want to marry him for this exact reason. Gods get bored easily. I predicted that he would get bored with me, and to be perfectly honest I was surprised it took him two years to tire of me. Apollo had so many children that I also wasn't surprised that this child meant nothing more to him than any other.

"Everybody hold on!" Percy's grumbles shook me away from my thoughts, "We're going cross country."

Percy had a strange definition of cross country.

"Why are we going through the drive through at a Mexican restaurant?" I asked as I hung on to the handles on the car door.

"Because there were some spirits on the road," Percy said reasonably as he swerved through a shopping centre car park.

"So your plan is to kill us in a traffic accident to avoid fighting?" Apollo's knuckles were white on his seatbelt strap.

"I'm trying to get us to the beach. I fight better when there's water around." Percy said in a dead panned voice.

"Because Poseidon?" Meg asked.

"That pretty much sums up my entire life." Percy agreed.

"Ah, I know these spirits!" Apollo cried in triumph.

"What?" Percy demanded, "what are they?"

"I've forgotten!" Apollo growled, "I hate being mortal! Four thousand years of knowlage, lost because I can't contain it all in this teacup of a head!"

"Hold on!" Percy yelled as we flew through a rail road crossing and and the car went airborne.

I felt the temperature in the car rise dramatically.

"What's that heat?" Meg asked.

I put my hands on my stomach and felt the baby moving around a lot, "I don't think that baby likes this speeding." I declared.

"Ah," Apollo smiled, "baby takes after his father."

I didn't reply.

"Just another mile or so to the beach." Percy declared, "and we're almost at the western edge of camp. We can do it!"

That was when one of the shiny smoky clouds emerged right in front of us. Percy swerved and I hit the tarmac hard.

Off to camp! The baby's name and gender will be revealed soon. What do you think it will be?

Also I finally decided on a actors for Ri, Apollo and Nyx. What do you think?

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx