21- Annabeth Tries To Set Leo On Fire

********

********

I chewed some Ambrosia as I watched the scene in front of me unfold.

"One more time, what exactly happened?" Annabeth glared at Leo as if she were trying to set him on fire, which would have been a stupid punishment as Leo was perfectly capable of doing it without any help.

Leo slumped against the mast in defeat, "I don't know, it's fuzzy!"

"You mean you don't remember?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow at him.

"I remember, but it was like I was watching it all happen, I couldn't control it," Leo groaned.

"His eyes were all dazed like he was in a trance," I said, Annabeth glanced back at me.

"A trance?" She frowned. I nodded.

"Look kid," Hedge interjected, "you blew up some stuff, attacked some Romans, awesome. But did you have to take out the satellite channels?"

"Coach, why don't you make sure that all the fires are out," I suggested.

"But I already did that!" He protested.

"Do it again," Annabeth told him.

Coach trudged off swinging his bat.

"Leo," Annabeth knelt next to him, "did Octavian trick you somehow? Did he frame you or..."

"No, it was me," Leo said sadly."

"You fired on the camp on purpose?" Frank, who had be silent so far asked, glaring at Leo.

"No!" Leo protested, "like I said, it was me, but I didn't mean too, something was making me do it, there was this cold feeling inside me."

"A cold feeling?" Annabeth sounded almost scared.

"Yes a..."

"Annabeth!" Percy shouted from below deck, "we need you!"

Jason was below deck after having been smacked in the head with a brick.

"I'll be right back," Annabeth sighed, "Frank, watch Leo, Ri you keep an eye out for anyone following us."

I wondered towards the bronze figure head Festus, who was whirring away in a language that only Leo could understand. I rested my arms on the rails and looked at the horizon.

I let my mind drift for a while until Leo and Frank came over and Leo started having a conversation.

I walked away towards the stern of the ship. I was beginning to feel a bit queasy, with the ship listing to one side and the horrible creaking noises from the oars I was pretty sure that my seasickness was kicking in.

I looked out behind the boat, keeping my eyes open for Roman eagles or anything out of the ordinary.

There was nothing. Thank the gods. Although I was sure they had very little to do with any of this. I had no idea what the Roman/Greek conflict would do to the gods.

"Ri!" I heard Annabeth shout from where she had been standing earlier. I walked back over to find Leo complaining about the shortage of Celestial Bronze to Percy, Annabeth and Frank. Just as I arrived Festus began to whirr.

"Perfect!" Leo sighed with relief.

"What's perfect?" Annabeth asked.

"Festus found everything we need!" Leo said, "All in one place, Frank, go tell your girlfriend to meet us at the Great Salt Lake in Utah."

Our landing on the lake wasn't pretty. We all strapped ourselves in below during the landing apart from Leo.

I wasn't going on either of the landing teams.

"You should get some sleep," Annabeth told me.

"I don't need sleep!" I protested, "I can help!"

"The fact that you don't need sleep doesn't mean you shouldn't do it!" Annabeth shoved me playfully, "You're immortal, not invincible. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's been months since you slept, you need it."

I rolled my eyes and gave in and climbed down the steps to the cabins. There were nine cabins on board.

The captain's cabin, which Leo had claimed as his own as soon as it was built, plus eight more. One each for the seven demigods of the prophecy. One for Coach Hedge and one for me.

My cabin was the smallest, but I didn't mind. It was cosy and had a chest of drawers, a bed and a small table. Other than that it was empty.

I climbed into my bed, not bothering to change and to my surprise I fell asleep almost straight away.

This may or may not be the last chapter of 2017, I am not sure yet, but it probably will be. So everyone have a brilliant New Year!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx