8- I Annoy A God

The rest of the demigods began to file out, leaving me, Annabeth and Percy

"My lord," Annabeth said, "Kronos is attacking New York, My mother must have foreseen this!"

"Don't get me started on your mother," Hermes scoffed, "She's the reason I'm here at all. 'It's a trap, it's a diversion' bla bla. So naturally Zeus sent me to talk to you lot."

"What about the blue lights?" Percy asked.

"Olympus is well defended from the sky I assure you." Hermes replied, "Kronos will have to march through the city and ride the elevator up, can you see him doing this."

"Yes," I retorted, "That is literally his plan!"

Hermes ignored me, "Typhon is our biggest enemy, we must devote all of our power to defeat him."

"You said my mother wanted to come, did she give you a message for us?" Annabeth asked.

"She said that you're on your own, you must defend Manhattan without the God's help, and she said to try plan twenty-three."

"I will leave you now." Hermes said, "I have a war to fight." Hermes began to glow and the disappeared.

I turned around and walked away, leaving Annabeth and Percy alone for a while. I went in search of the rest of the campers.

They had gathered in a park near the bottom of the mountain and everyone was gathered at a rail, looking over Manhattan.

The city was silent. Nothing was moving.

The invasion was beginning.

********

Argus was the only person awake in the city, that was accept from Percy's massive Hell Hound Mrs O'Leary.

Percy quickly sent Argus back to camo, but not before he handed Annabeth a large bronze shield.

Everyone gathered around the shield and began discussing; I on the other hand decided to wonder through the unmoving traffic.

I looked around, wondering what I could possibly do. By now Manhattan would be surrounded by layers of magic, stopping any help getting to us.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the hunters of Artemis arriving. I was only shaken from my daze at the sound of 40 campers yelling, "FOR OLYMPUS!" and then quickly dispersing.

"Ri," Annabeth approached me, "The Athena Cabin is taking the Fifty-ninth Street Bridge."

I shook my head and set my jaw. I had an idea, "I can help more from here." I knew that we had to keep the Titan's army out. I knew that campers defending the bridges and tunnels would hold them up, not stop them. And I also knew that I could help to slow the army down even more.

"What're you doing?" Annabeth frowned, "Is it dangerous?"

I nodded, "It's very dangerous, and I honestly have no idea if it will work, but I have to try."

"Okay," Annabeth didn't look happy about it, but she set her jaw and turned around. She and Percy walked away, weaving in and out of the unmoving New York traffic jam.

Aren't you guys lucky! A double update! What's Ri going to do?

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx